University of Alaska Fairbanks Online
thebestschools.org is an advertising-supported site. Featured or trusted partner programs and all school search, finder, or match results are for schools that compensate us. This compensation does not influence our school rankings, resource guides, or other editorially-independent information published on this site.
Are you ready to discover your college program?
- Flagship campus of the University of Alaska System
- Offers unique programs, in fields like mining engineering and ocean sciences.
- Among other sports, the Alaska Nanooks feature a champion rifle team.
The University of Alaska Fairbanks, a public research university founded in 1917, enrolls about 8,000 students in a variety of undergraduate, graduate, and professional program options. Students may choose from a full array of fields of study with some unique options, offered across nine colleges and schools, including the School of Education, the College of Engineering and Mines, the College of Fisheries and Ocean Sciences, and the School of Management. The university also provides numerous online program options.
Accreditation, Tuition & Admissions
Accreditation and Approvals
The University of Alaska Fairbanks is regionally accredited by Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU).
- Undergraduate tuition — $233 per credit hour (average; exact price varies by course level)
- Graduate tuition — $466 per credit hour
The University of Alaska Fairbanks' admission prerequisites and application requirements vary by program.
Freshman applicants must submit ACT/SAT scores and official transcripts.
Transfer applicants must also submit official college transcripts.
International students also must submit proof of English language proficiency.
Graduate admissions requirements vary based on program.
- Student population: About 8,000
- Student-to-faculty ratio: 9 to 1
- Percentage receiving grant or scholarship aid: 84%
- Out-of-State Undergraduates: 10%
- Founded: 1917
- Accreditation: Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU).
- Full-Time Freshman Retention Rate: 75%
- Required Standardized Test(s): SAT or ACT
- Public/Private: Public
- Acceptance Rate: 73%
- Graduation Rate: 25%
- Cost Per Credit (In-State/Out-of-State):
- Undergraduate: $233/$736 (average; exact price varies by course level)
- Graduate: $466/$979
- Athletics: NCAA Division I
- Mascot: Nanooks
- Colors: Blue and Gold
- Address: 1731 South Chandalar Drive, Fairbanks, AK, 99775 USA
- Phone Number: 907-474-7034
Popular with our students.
Highly informative resources to keep your education journey on track.
Take the next step toward your future with online learning.
Discover schools with the programs and courses you’re interested in, and start learning today.