thebestschools.org is an advertising-supported site. Featured or trusted partner programs and all school search, finder, or match results are for schools that compensate us. This compensation does not influence our school rankings, resource guides, or other editorially-independent information published on this site.
Are you ready to discover your college program?
- More than 200 career-focused degrees, including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs
- Tuition frozen at 2012 rates
- Personalized academic and career advising
- Tuition discounts available for active servicemembers and their spouses
- No SAT or GRE/GMAT requirements for admission
From its 300-acre campus along the banks of the Merrimack River in Manchester, Southern New Hampshire University offers on-campus, online, and hybrid programs to undergraduate and graduate students. Founded in 1932, SNHU launched its distance learning program in 1995. Dedicated to expanding learning opportunities for active military personnel, SNHU’s distance learning programs propelled the school to the forefront of online education and led to a large expansion of the school. By 2001, the private, nonprofit institution enrolled more than 8,000 learners in online degrees. Today, SNHU boasts more than 135,000 students enrolled in on-campus, online, and hybrid programs.
Southern New Hampshire University Accreditation, Tuition, & Admissions Info
Accreditation and Approvals
SNHU is regionally accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education. The Department of Education holds approval through the New Hampshire Department of Education, Division of Higher Education - Higher Education Commission. Additional programmatic accreditations include the Accreditation Commission for Programs in Hospitality Administration, the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs, the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education, the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, and the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation. Additional accreditations include Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP), Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH), Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology), New Hampshire State Department of Education for Teacher Certification.
- $320 per credit hour for undergraduate students
- $225 per credit hour for active U.S. service members and their spouses in undergraduate programs
- $627 per credit hour for graduate students
- $470 for active U.S. service members and their spouses in graduate programs
Admission to SNHU varies by program. Undergraduate students submit an online application with transcripts from both high school and college classes. Undergraduate applicants also submit a high school graduate attestment form. Graduate applicants to SNHU submit comparable information.
SNHU does not require undergraduate students to take an SAT, GRE, or GMAT for admission. Undergraduate applicants do not need to meet any GPA requirements but may receive conditional admission based on their records. Graduate applicants need a minimum 2.75 GPA for full admission and a 2.0 GPA for provisional admission.
Undergraduate and graduate applicants pay no application fees.
Graduate students can transfer up to 12 credits.
- Students Receiving Financial Aid: 90%
- Credit hours for Associate Degrees: 60 credit hours
- Credit hours for Bachelor’s Degrees: 120 credit hours
- Credit hours for Graduate Degrees: Between 30-45 credit hours
- Transfer Credits: Up to 45 for associate degrees and 90 for bachelor’s degrees
- Accreditation: New England Commission of Higher Education
- Required Standardized Test(s): None
- Public/Private: Private nonprofit
- Athletics: Northeast-10 Conference, Eastern College Athletic Conference, Division II
- Mascot: Penmen
- Colors: Blue and gold
- Address: 2500 North River Road Manchester, NH 03106
- Phone : 888-327-SNHU
- Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
Online Degrees Offered
- 10 associate degrees
- More than 150 bachelor’s degrees
- Two undergraduate certificates online
- More than 100 online graduate programs at SNHU include 25 specialized master’s in business administration degrees and 15 graduate and postgraduate certificates.
Popular with our students.
Highly informative resources to keep your education journey on track.
Take the next step toward your future with online learning.
Discover schools with the programs and courses you’re interested in, and start learning today.