Highlights of Capella University
- In 2010, ranked the #3 online university by Global Language Monitor
- Received CHEA award for Outstanding Institutional Practice in Student Learning Outcomes, 2010
- Received WCET Outstanding Work Award, 2009, recognizing innovative uses of educational technologies in higher education
- Received the Learning Impact award, 2009, from the international IMS Global Learning Consortium for outstanding use of technology in support of learning
- Named a Military Friendly School by G.I. Jobs Magazine
- Students can obtain a limited number of credits through a prior learning assessment program which can provide college credit for experience-based learning
- Credit for military training
- Accredited by The Higher Learning Commission
Overview of Capella University
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession. Their competency-based curriculum delivers foundational knowledge and real-world skills, so what you’re learning is immediately applicable to your career. Right now, more than 36,000 students are expanding their opportunities with Capella programs.
Capella University Online degrees are available in subjects such as counseling, business management, criminal justice, project management, health care, information technology, nursing, public administration, and social work. Many of the courses and programs are designed to meet standards established by professional associations.
- Students communicate with each other on the Internet
- Students have access to technical support
- Staff members provide a variety of assistance
- About 19% of the students are enrolled part-time
- About 69% of the students are female
Qualified, experienced instructors teach the Capella University Online classes.
Admissions and Financial Aid Information
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements. For more information, refer to your program details, email, or call your enrollment counselor at 1.866.679.9687.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
- Doctoral students must have a master’s degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
- Master’s students must have a bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
- Bachelor’s students must have a high school diploma or equivalent and be least 24 years old (may be waived for military applicants, veterans, and those with at least 24 quarter credits of prior college/university coursework)
- Non-degree students must meet the minimum education requirements determined by the degree level of the course registration
Financing options to make your goals a reality
Capella’s experienced financial aid staff will help you understand your estimated total costs and provide customized options for financing and reducing tuition costs, including:
- Federal financial aid
- Non-federal student loans
- Employer tuition reimbursement
- Military education benefits
- Scholarships for new and enrolled students
- Transfer credits and prior learning assessments
Speak with an enrollment counselor to learn more: 1.866.679.9687
Financial aid is only available to those who qualify.