- Graduate and professional programs for individuals looking to change or advance careers and military students
- Four dual engineering - engineering management degrees
- Six advanced certificates in law and legal compliance
With only 53 students when the school opened its doors in the 1880s, the University of Southern California now provides more than 47,000 students with on-campus and online academic programs. USC houses 22 academic colleges, schools, and units at its campus in Los Angeles, California. With USC’s long history of supporting and educating military personnel and veterans, USC Online’s graduate and professional programs continue to provide high-quality, accessible options for servicemen and women. More than 80 online programs with managerial emphasis offer working professionals advanced coursework to pursue their professional goals.
University of Southern California Accreditation, Tuition, & Admissions Info
Accreditation and Approvals
USC is regionally accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. Programmatic accrediting bodies for graduate and professional programs include the Council on Education in Public Health, the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education, and the Council on Social Work Education.
- Students pay the same tuition regardless of residency
- Regular graduate student tuition per credit hour: $1,863
- Business graduate student per-credit tuition: $1,912
- Engineering graduate student per-credit tuition: $2,005
- Law student per-credit tuition: $2,477
- Pharmacy student per-credit tuition: $1,894
Admission requirements for USC Online’s graduate and professional programs vary by discipline. Comparable to requirements for on-campus programs, applicants to USC’s online degrees and certificates must submit a formal application, transcripts, and GRE or GMAT scores. Applicants must also demonstrate academic promise and personal qualifications.
Program admission requirements include prerequisite coursework for engineering degrees, research experience for education doctoral programs, and domestic or international law degrees for legal certificates.
- Total faculty and staff: 27,652
- Financial aid awarded during the 2017-2018 fiscal year: $570 million
- Advanced degrees awarded in 2018: 10,164
- Accreditation: Western Association of Schools and Colleges
- Full-Time Freshman Retention Rate: 97%
- Required Standardized Test(s): SAT, GRE/GMAT
- Public/Private: Private nonprofit
- Acceptance Rate: 13%
- Graduation Rate: 92%
- Athletics: Pacific-12 Conference, Division I
- Mascot: Trojans
- Colors: Cardinal and gold
- Address: 3601 Trousdale Parkway Student Union 301 Los Angeles, CA 90089-0894
- Phone Number: 213-740-9033
- Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Flickr
Online Degrees Offered
USC Online offers:
- Master’s, doctoral, and graduate certificate programs online
- More than 30 online engineering and engineering management degrees accompany four additional graduate certificates in the field
- Health and wellness programs include 29 master’s degrees and certificates in nursing, gerontology, dentistry, and pharmacology
- Six certificates in law and legal compliance supplement two online law degrees, and students can earn master’s or doctoral degrees in social work or education
- USC Online also offers six online computer science, five geographic information science, three professional studies, and two public policy programs with one communication, psychology, design, and library science program each.