If you are a Delaware resident and are looking for the flexibility and convenience that an online college degree program can offer, look no further. Delaware rests in close proximity to several major metropolitan areas in which many Delawareans work. If you live in Delaware and would like to advance your career, online education may be the key.
In spite of its modest size, Delaware offers its students access to the full spectrum of online educational opportunities. Of the ten accredited universities in Delaware, two offer excellent options for online degree programs.
Four reasons to find an online college in your state:
- Guaranteed in-state tuition saves you money
- Be a part of a university or college you know and love
- Get a degree from a school employers know and trust
- Be close enough to easily visit when desired
Ranking guidelines for the best online colleges in Delaware:
We selected the online colleges and universities here based on the quality of their programs, types of courses and degrees offered, faculty strengths, as well as school awards, rankings, and reputation, including a strong reputation for online degree programs.
Note: In ranking the best online colleges in Delaware, giving attention to the variety of degree programs available at the institutions is of utmost importance. For this reason, a more prestigious school in Delaware may offer one, or a few online degrees, but that may not be enough for that school to rank highly among the best online colleges in the state. In this ranking, we are dedicated to showing who’s leading the way in delivering quality online degree programs in Delaware.
The Best Online Colleges in Delaware
(New Castle, DE)
Founded in 1968, Wilmington University, a private university consists of seven colleges. The university has over 20,000 students in attendance and offers over 100 graduate and undergraduate degree programs, most of which are available online.
Wilmington University’s College of Arts and Sciences offers online bachelor’s degrees in literature. The College of Business offers bachelor’s degrees in human resources, master’s degrees in homeland security and doctoral degrees in management information systems. The College of Education offers bachelor, master and doctoral degrees in several fields of education.
The College of Social and Behavioral Sciences offers bachelor’s degrees in public policy, master’s degrees in criminal behavior and certificates in child advocacy studies. The College of Technology offers bachelor’s degrees in computer and network security as well as master’s degrees in information assurance.
Wilmington’s College of Health Professions features a RN-to-BSN program, an accelerated BS in Health Sciences to MSM in Healthcare Administration program, and a BS in Health Sciences, as well as many certificate programs, all 100% online.
Online resources for online students include tutoring, job board and a library with article database.
Wilmington University is regionally accredited by Middle States Commission of Higher Education (MSCHE).
Wilmington University is also featured in these articles:
- The 50 Best Online Bachelor’s in Liberal Arts Programs
- The 40 Best Online Bachelor’s in Education Programs
- The 14 Best Online Bachelor’s in Sports Management Programs
- The 20 Best Online Bachelor in Human Resources Degree Programs
- The 20 Best Online Bachelor’s in Law Enforcement Programs
- The 5 Best Online Bachelor’s in Public Policy Programs
- The 50 Best Online Master’s in Marketing Programs
- The 25 Best Online Master in Homeland Security Degree Programs
- The 25 Best Online Master of Information Assurance and Security Degree Programs
- The 10 Best Online MBA in Sustainability Degree Programs
- The 10 Best Online Master’s in Human Services Programs
The University of Delaware opened its doors in 1743, making it one of the earliest universities established in the country. A Presbyterian minister named Francis Alison, known for his philanthropy, established it as a free school. The university’s first graduating class even included three of the men who signed the Declaration of Independence and one of the signers of the U.S. Constitution.
Over 20,000 students attend this land-, sea-, and space-grant university, one of a select few in America. It also has 7 academic colleges to its name, over 150,000 alumni and more than 130 degree programs in total.
The University of Delaware offers several Master’s degree programs online. Available programs include cyber security, computer engineering, teaching and public administration.
Student resources available online include an extensive online library with librarian live chat, streaming video and online scholarly article database including PubMed, LexisNexis and JSTOR.
University of Delaware is regionally accredited by Middle States Commission of Higher Education (MSCHE).
University of Delaware is also featured in these articles:
- 50 Public Colleges with the Best Return on Investment
- The 100 Richest Universities: Their Generosity and Commitment to Research 2017
- The 10 Best College Career Services Blogs
- The 50 Best Online Bachelor’s in Nursing Programs
- The 50 Best Online Master’s in Engineering Programs
- The 50 Best Online Master’s in Cyber Crime Programs
Another Online College in Delaware Featured on TBS