Highlights of University of Nebraska Kearney
- The university has provided education since 1905
- In 2011, the University of Nebraska Kearney was ranked as a top-10 public midwest regional university by U.S. News & World Report
- According to the school, it has one of the lowest tuition rates in the nation
- The School reports 35% of all public-school superintendents appointed in Nebraska every year are graduates of UNK’s College of Education
- The school reports 33% of all Nebraska high-school principals are graduates of UNK’s College of Education
- Student/faculty ratio of 16 to 1
- Accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
The University of Nebraska Kearney (UNK), a public university, is situated in Kearney, Nebraska. The university is one of the campuses of the University of Nebraska system. UNK consists of the following colleges: Natural and Social Sciences, Education, Business and Technology, and Fine Arts and Humanities. The UNK eCampus provides undergraduate and graduate programs in history, education, business, organizational communication, and other subjects.
The school’s College of Education offers an array of programs. The College of Education provides master’s-degree programs in education with numerous concentrations. The College of Education includes the following departments: Communication Disorders; Educational Administration; Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Leisure Studies; Teacher Education; and Counseling & School Psychology.
The Graduate Studies and Research division at the University of Nebraska Kearney provides more than 30 graduate programs in fields including government, business, education, and industry. Online bachelor’s degrees are offered in subjects including business administration, organizational communication, and driver-education endorsement.
- Library services are available 24/7
- Online courses are highly interactive, with students and faculty communicating through discussion forums, chat groups, and email
- Students have access to a writing center
- Students have access to a 24/7 technology help desk
The majority of the classes provided by the University of Nebraska Kearney Online are taught by credentialed faculty members who have a doctoral degree. According to the school, it has nationally renowned faculty members.
Admissions and Financial Aid Information
University of Nebraska Kearney Online staff members are available to help applicants with the admissions process. In addition, financial aid is available to eligible students.