At TheBestSchools.org, we realize students enrolled in distance learning programs are often most in need of scholarship money.
For example, many students attending college online are adults with families seeking to cover their monthly expenses. To assist online students, TheBestSchools.org is pleased to award six annual scholarships for online learning totaling $6,000.
About TheBestSchools.org Online College Scholarships
TheBestSchools.org offers the following each academic year:
A total of six $1,000 scholarships for use by winning students enrolled in an accredited online college or accredited online university degree program:
- Three scholarships awarded for the Fall Semester
(Deadline for application: July 31)
- Three scholarships awarded for the Spring Semester
(Deadline for application: November 30)
Students who submit an application for Fall Semester scholarships and are not awarded a scholarship remain in consideration for the Spring Semester scholarships. All entries are reset December 1 and thereafter must be resubmitted for consideration for the following fall/spring academic year.
Scholarships will be awarded by random selection from the pool of applicants who meet all eligibility requirements (see below).
We award scholarships to students currently enrolled in an accredited online degree program. Full-time and part-time students are eligible for the scholarships.
Students may use their scholarship at any college or university which currently has accreditation from an organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- The BestSchools.org funds and maintains TheBestSchools.org Online College Scholarship.
- Within one week following the posted deadline, TheBestSchool.org selects at random the scholarship winner from the pool of qualified applicants.
- Recipients can only use their scholarship for tuition and textbooks for their online degree.
- Students can only provide one entry per year. Students can only win the scholarship one time.
- TheBestSchools.org will notify the scholarship winners and announce the winner at TheBestSchools.org website.
- TheBestSchool.org will send a $1,000 check directly to the college or university in which the winning student is presently enrolled.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited, 100%-online degree program or taking at least 80% of their courses online
- Provide proof of a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (most recent college GPA; otherwise, if entering first year of college, then final high school GPA)
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Consent to provide the following to us for publication at TheBestSchools.org:
- Your first and last name
- Your college or university name
- Your current degree program or course of study
- Testimonials related both to your reasons for attending college online and to positives you have experienced within your online degree program
- And should you be selected as a winner, a suitable high-resolution photo and a testimonial regarding your thoughts on winning.
Application for TheBestSchools.org Online College Scholarship
Fall Semester deadline for application: July 31
Spring Semester deadline for application: November 30
All scholarship entries are discarded and reset December 1
Entries for Fall Semester 2020 are now open. Apply below for an opportunity to receive one of three $1,000 scholarships awarded each semester!
Thank you! And may your continuing education benefit you always.