- The 100 Best Online Colleges for 2017 – Ranked #1
- The Best Online Colleges in Pennsylvania – Ranked #1
- The 30 Most Popular Online Colleges – Ranked #16
- The 100 Best Universities in the World Today – Ranked #58
- The Best Online College in Each of America’s Fifty States – Best in Pennsylvania
Penn State World Campus is the online education division of Pennsylvania State University. With over 125 accredited online degrees, they make learning accessible to people around the world. One of the first major accredited institutions to offer online degree programs, Penn State World Campus is an innovator in the effort to make higher education affordable and more accessible. At Penn State World Campus, you can learn from the same world-renowned faculty who teach on campus, all without stepping into a classroom.
The asynchronous format of Penn State World Campus’s online courses is designed to let you learn at your own pace and convenience. With more than 125 of the most in-demand degree and certificate programs, Penn State World Campus is sure to have one that meets your career and educational needs. According to a survey by the Wall Street Journal, Penn State is ranked the best institution in the nation for producing the best-prepared graduates who are most able to succeed once hired.
Penn State Rankings on TheBestSchools.org
Penn State Online Degree Programs
Online Associates Degree Programs
Online Bachelors Degree Programs
- Advertising/Public Relations – Strategic Communications
- Labor Studies and Employment Relations
- Organizational Leadership
- Information Sciences and Technology
- Security and Risk Analysis – Information and Cyber Security
- Criminal Justice
- International Politics
- Law and Society
- Political Science
- Biobehavioral Health
- Health Policy and Administration
- Human Development and Family Studies
- Integrated Social Sciences
- Letters, Arts, and Sciences
- Agribusiness Management
- Energy and Sustainability Policy
- Turfgrass Science
Online Masters Degree Programs
- Business Administration
- Finance (Master of Finance)
- Project Management (Master’s Degree)
- Supply Chain Management (Master of Professional Studies)
- Human Resources and Employment Relations (Master of Professional Studies)
- Marketing Analytics (Graduate Certificate)
- Data Analytics
- Data Analytics – Business Analytics Option
- Geographic Information Systems – GIS
- Information Sciences – Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
- Information Technology
- Software Engineering
- Homeland Security Base Program
- Homeland Security – Agricultural Biosecurity and Food Defense Option
- Homeland Security – Geospatial Intelligence Option
- Homeland Security – Information Security and Forensics Option
- Homeland Security – Public Health Preparedness Option
- Art Education
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Earth Sciences
- Educational Leadership
- Higher Education
- Learning, Design, and Technology
- Lifelong Learning and Adult Education
- Special Education
- Health Administration in Health Policy and Administration
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Management
- Enterprise Architecture
- Mechanical Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering
- Renewable Energy and Sustainability Systems – Bioenergy Option
- Renewable Energy and Sustainability Systems – Solar Energy Option
- Renewable Energy and Sustainability Systems – Sustainability Management and Policy Option
- Renewable Energy and Sustainability Systems – Wind Energy Option
- Renewable Energy and Sustainability Systems Base Program
- Systems Engineering
- Turfgrass Management
Online Doctoral Degree Programs
Penn State World Campus Accreditation, Tuition, and Admissions Info:
Penn State World Campus is regionally accredited by Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn State’s Smeal College of Business has additional accreditation by the Association for the Advancement of Collegiate Business Schools (AACBS).
The Penn State College of Nursing holds additional accreditation by Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
Approved in every state.
Undergraduate = $579/credit; Graduate = $805/credit (updated June 2016)
Plus information technology fee each semester.
Acceptance Rate: 79%
Secondary school GPA and records, as well as SAT or ACT scores are required for admission. GRE scores are required for admission to graduate programs. The minimum high school GPA accepted is 2.0.
There is no application deadline.
Transfer Credits: There is no limit to the number of credits that can be transferred from a regionally accredited institution. However, it is up to the specific degree program in which you are enrolled to decide what credits will be accepted towards your degree.
At least one third of the credits required to complete your degree must be earned from Penn State.
Transfer of graduate credit is considered on a case-by-case basis.
- 370 full time faculty
- Student Body: 10,800 (around 59% undergraduate)
- Gender: 56% female
- New Student Retention Rate: 74%
- 74% of students receive grant or scholarship aid