The staff at TheBestSchools.org realizes students enrolled in distance learning programs are some of the students most in need of scholarship money. For example, many online students are adults with families seeking to cover their monthly expenses. In order to help online students TheBestSchools.org is pleased to award, on an annual basis, $6,000 worth of scholarships for online learning to six recipients at $1,000 each.
Types of Online Learning Scholarships
Three online learning scholarships (all online degrees)
Two online learning scholarships exclusively for online Master of Social Work degree students
One online learning scholarship exclusively for online RN to BSN program students
We award scholarships to students currently enrolled in an accredited online degree program. Full-time and part-time students are eligible for the scholarships.
Students can use their scholarship at any college or university which currently has accreditation from an organization the U.S. Department of Education recognizes.
- The BestSchools.org funds and maintains the BestSchools.org Online Learning Scholarships.
- TheBestSchool.org team members read and rank each essay and select the scholarship winners.
- Recipients can only use their scholarship for tuition and textbooks for their online degree.
- Students can only provide one entry per year. Students can only win the scholarship one time.
- TheBestSchools.org will notify the scholarship winners and announce the winners at TheBestSchools.org website.
- TheBestSchool.org will send a check directly to the winning student’s college or university.
We select the winners based on their essay.
Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident, currently enrolled in an accredited 100 percent online degree program or taking at least 80 percent of their courses online
A minimum cumulative college or university GPA of 3.0 (Winners must show proof of GPA)
At least 18 years of age
Applicants must consent to provide their first and last name and a quote for display at TheBestSchools.org if notified as the winner of a TheBestSchools.org scholarship
Write an essay (required minimum of 500 words) on the subject: How My Online Degree Can Help Me Achieve My Career Goals.
Change in scholarship competition rules: Scholarship competition occurs once each year. Application submissions only accepted from September 1st through May 31st. Exception: Application submissions accepted all year for only 2017.