Xavier University Online
| TBS Staff
Are you ready to discover your college program?
- One of the oldest Jesuit Catholic institutions in the U.S., Xavier represents an interfaith student body comprised of over 80 different religions.
- Within six months of graduation, 98% of Xavier students report having a job, being accepted into graduate school, or participating in volunteer programs.
- Xavier University notable alumni community includes congressmen, U.S. representatives, Pulitzer Prize winners, professional athletes, and university faculty and directors.
Originally established in 1831 as a men's college known as the Athenaeum, Xavier is the fourth-oldest Jesuit university and sixth-oldest Catholic university in the country. Today, the 190-acre campus in Cincinnati boasts roughly 700 faculty and staff, and 7,000 students. Xavier offers an extensive selection of undergraduate and graduate degrees in the liberal arts. Eight of these master's degrees, in fields such as business administration and education, can be completed online.
Xavier University Tuition, Accreditation, and Admissions Info
- In-state undergraduate: $19,150 ($19,650 for school of business) if full time; $715-$1,000 per credit if part time
- Out-of-state undergraduate: $19,150 ($19,650 for school of business) if full time; $715-$1,000 per credit if part time
- In-state graduate: $175-$1,225 per credit
- Out-of-state graduate: $175-$1,225 per credit
Accreditation and Approvals
Xavier University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Select Xavier programs hold additional accreditation from agencies including the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education, Montessori Accreditation Council for Teacher Education, Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, Council on Social Work Education, Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education, Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education, American Psychological Association, and the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
In addition to an online application, prospective freshman must supply a counselor recommendation form, high school transcripts, and SAT or ACT scores. Graduate school applicants must hold a bachelor's degree, submit undergraduate transcripts, and GRE or MAT test scores. Applicants who already possess a graduate degree, a teaching license, or a cumulative 3.0 undergraduate GPA may waive testing requirements. Xavier University acceptance rate is 74% for undergraduate students.
Xavier's selective admissions programs in nursing, music, theatre, occupational therapy, and radiologic technology are extremely competitive and require additional admissions processes in addition to those listed above. Specific requirements may also vary depending on one's student status.
- Founded: 1831
- Religious affiliation: Roman Catholic (Jesuit)
- Online student population: 859
- Student-to-faculty ratio: 11-to-1
- 93% of undergraduates receive scholarships or financial aid.
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission
- Full-Time Freshman Retention Rate: 87%
- Required Standardized Test(s): ACT, SAT, GRE, MAT, TOEFL, IELTS
- Public/Private: Private nonprofit
- Acceptance Rate: 74%
- Graduation Rate: 71%
- Athletics: NCAA Division I
- Mascot: Musketeers
- Colors: Blue, silver, and white
- Address: 3800 Victory Pkwy, Cincinnati, OH 45207
- Phone Number: (855) 815-3056
- Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
Xavier University Online Degrees Offered
Xavier provides eight fully online master’s programs in:
- business administration
- coaching education
- criminal justice
- Montessori Method education
- special education
- health economics and clinical outcomes research
Popular with our students.
Highly informative resources to keep your education journey on track.
Take the next step toward your future with online learning.
Discover schools with the programs and courses you’re interested in, and start learning today.