- Many online programs at Wilmington University offer start dates every eight weeks.
- In addition to offering the same per-credit tuition rates to all students regardless of state residency, WilmU offers further discounted tuition to military service members and veterans.
- Notable WilmU alumni include members and speakers of the Delaware House of Representatives, a U.S. Air Force major general, and leaders of Delaware’s Department of Transportation and Department of Corrections.
More than 14,000 undergraduate and graduate students study at WilmU, a private, nonprofit research university with seven campuses in Delaware, and several partnership locations in New Jersey and Maryland. Originally established as Wilmington College in 1968, the institution officially became Wilmington University in 2007. Today, WilmU houses colleges in a variety of academic disciplines and one of the most extensive sets of online offerings in the U.S., with more than 125 certificate, undergraduate, and graduate programs available.
Wilmington University's Accreditation, Tuition, and Admissions Info
Accreditation and Approvals
Wilmington University is regionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. Degrees within the colleges of education, business, health professions, and social and behavioral sciences also hold additional programmatic accreditation.
- In-state/out-of-state undergraduate: $250-$375 per credit, depending on the campus
- Online undergraduate: $375 per credit
- International undergraduate: $400 per credit
- In-state/out-of-state graduate: $300-$475 per credit, depending on campus
- Online graduate: $475 per credit
- International graduate: $525 per credit
The open admissions policy at WilmU welcomes all prospective students, and rolling admissions dates allows interested persons to apply at their convenience, typically receiving a decision within two weeks.
To apply for freshman admission, applicants must submit high school transcripts or proof of GED completion and complete math and English skills assessments if needed. Individuals applying for an undergraduate certificate, rather than a degree, do not need to supply test scores or complete skills assessments. Graduate students must hold a bachelor's degree, submit official undergraduate transcripts, and complete an online application.
Note that specific programs or advanced degrees may require additional admission materials.
- Founded: 1968
- Online student population: 4,723
- Student-to-faculty ratio: 13-to-1
- 39% of undergraduates receive some financial aid or scholarships.
- Accreditation: Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- Full-Time Freshman Retention Rate: 58%
- Required Standardized Test(s): ACT, SAT, GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, IELTS
- Public/Private: Private nonprofit
- Acceptance Rate: 100%
- Graduation Rate: 52%
- Athletics: NCAA Division II
- Mascot: Wildcats
- Colors: Green and white
- Address: 320 N DuPont Highway, New Castle, DE 19720
- Phone Number: (877) 967-5464
- Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
Online Degrees Offered
WilmU offers more than 125 undergraduate certificates, bachelor's degrees, master's degrees, and doctorate degrees in a 100% online format. Dozens of academic subjects are represented in these offerings, including education, business administration, management, accounting and finance, nursing, information systems technology, marketing, and homeland security.