Western Carolina University, a public, coeducational university founded in 1889, enrolls more than 10,000 students from around the world. Part of the University of North Carolina system, the university offers more than 150 undergraduate and graduate degree options through eight schools and colleges.
The University offers a number of distance and online programs, including many programs students can complete fully online.
Online bachelor degree completion program options include criminal justice, nursing, business administration and law, and emergency medical care.
Online students can pursue eleven master's degree programs, ranging from entrepreneurship, nurse leadership, school administration, sports management, and more.
WCU's online students can choose from a handful of certificate and licensure programs, including project management, and culturally-based native health.
Online students have access to an orientation, tutoring support and library resources.
Western Carolina University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
Western Carolina University Featured in TBS Rankings
- Ranked among The 100 Best Online Colleges for 2018
- Ranked among The Best Online Colleges in North Carolina
Online Bachelor Degrees
Online Master's Degrees
- Ranked among The 25 Best Online Master in Human Resources Degree Programs
- Ranked among The 30 Best Online Master in Special Education Degree Programs
- Ranked among The 20 Best Online Master in Elementary Education Degree Programs
- Ranked among The Best Online Master's and MBA in Project Management Degree Programs
(In-State/Out-of-State) Undergrad: $151/$502