- Offers a guaranteed tuition plan for undergraduates
- Offers credit for military training
- Offers some bachelor's completion programs
Established in 1910, West Texas A&M University (WTAMU) has a long history of offering quality education. The university began as a normal school and has grown into a comprehensive university with nearly 100 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degree programs. The university offers a range of fully online programs, allowing students to earn their degree without setting foot on the Texas campus. The university's online courses feature the same learning objectives as its on-campus courses.
West Texas A&M University's Accreditation, Approvals, Tuition & Admissions Info
Accreditation and Approvals
West Texas A&M University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
West Texas A&M University offers its undergraduate students a guaranteed tuition plan, which locks in a tuition rate for the rest of a student's education as long as they graduate on time.
Undergraduate tuition -- $270.83 to $279.63 in-state / $320.70 to $341.69 out-of-state
Graduate tuition -- $358.64 in-state / $403.08 out-of-state
Admissions and Transfer Info
West Texas A&M University's admission prerequisites and application requirements vary by program.
Freshman applicants must hold a 2.0 GPA. Applicants must submit SAT/ACT scores, official high school transcripts and official college transcripts, if applicable.
Transfer students must submit official transcripts from their high school and all colleges and universities they've attended, Texas Success Initiative (TSI)-approved test scores or proof of exemption, and SAT/ACT scores.
Applicants who hold an associate's degree from a regionally accredited college or who meet GPA and transferable-credit-hour requirements are guaranteed admission.
Graduate applicants must hold a bachelor's or master's degree from a regionally accredited institution. Applicants must submit official college/university transcripts and GMAT/GRE scores.
International students also must submit TOEFL, IELTS or PTE scores.
- Student population: About 10,100
- Student-to-faculty ratio: 21 to 1
- Percentage receiving grant or scholarship aid: 73%
- Accreditation: Regional (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges)
- Region: South Central
- Retention Rate: 65%
- Requires SAT or ACT: SAT or ACT
- Public/Private: Public Nonprofit
- Acceptance Rate: 60%
- Graduation Rate: 44%
- Cost Per Credit (In-State/Out-of-State): Undergrad: $270.83 to $279.63/ $320.70 to $341.69
- Grad: $358.64 / $403.08
- Address: 2501 4th Ave., Canyon, TX 79016 USA
West Texas A&M University Featured in TBS Rankings
- Ranked among The 100 Best Online Colleges for 2018
- Ranked among The Best Online Colleges in Texas
- Ranked among The 50 Best Online MBA Programs
- Ranked among The 25 Best Online MBA in Healthcare Management Degree Programs
- Ranked among the 50 Best Online Master's in Marketing Degree Programs