Walden University 2022 | TheBestSchools
Updated August 26, 2022 • 0 min read
thebestschools.org is an advertising-supported site. Featured or trusted partner programs and all school search, finder, or match results are for schools that compensate us. This compensation does not influence our school rankings, resource guides, or other editorially-independent information published on this site.
Are you ready to discover your college program?
Highlights of Walden University
- Students can receive credit for prior work and life experience.
Walden University is a leading provider of distance learning in the United States. The school provides more than 80 online degree programs and over 385 specializations and concentrations. Walden University offers bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degree programs in a variety of fields, as well as numerous online certificate programs. The programs focus on relevant, actionable learning.
Walden University consists of five colleges: Richard W. Riley College of Education and Leadership; College of Health Sciences; College of Social and Behavioral Sciences; College of Management and Technology; and the College of Undergraduate Studies.
Walden University was established in 1970 and currently has around 50,000 students enrolled from 150 countries around the world.
Walden University Accreditation, Tuition, & Admissions
Walden University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
- Undergraduate: $325 per credit
- Master’s: $395 – $1,010 per credit
- Doctorate: $495 – $995 per credit
Walden University staff members are available to help applicants with the enrolling process. Financial aid is available to those who qualify.
Applicants will need to submit a completed application, official transcripts, employment history, and educational history. Walden does not require any standardized tests and offers credit for work and life experience.
- Student Population: 49,680
- Student-to-Faculty Ratio: 17 to 1
- Percentage receiving grant or scholarship aid: 39%
- Founded: 1970
- Accreditation: Regional; Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
- Full-Time Freshman Retention Rate: N/A
- Required Standardized Test(s): None
- Public/Private: Private, For-Profit
- Graduation Rate: 100%
- Cost Per Credit:
– Undergraduate: $325 per credit
– Master’s: $395 – $1,010 per credit
– Doctorate: $495 – $995 per credit
- Athletics: None
- Mascot: None
- Colors: Brown & Teal
- Address: 100 Washington Avenue South, Suite 900, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55401
- Phone Number: (866) 492-5336
Popular with our students.
Highly informative resources to keep your education journey on track.
Take the next step toward your future with online learning.
Discover schools with the programs and courses you’re interested in, and start learning today.