- UC is a participant in the Yellow Ribbon program and recognized as a military-friendly school.
- The college was designated a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education through 2024 by the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security.
- Ninety-two percent of graduates find employment or enroll in graduate school within one year of completing their degrees.
Utica College opened in 1946 as an extension of nearby Syracuse University to serve the educational needs of New York's Mohawk Valley. The school transitioned to a financially independent college in 1995 and began offering graduate degrees in 1998. With a focus on professional studies, the school offers degrees in arts and sciences; humanities and social sciences; business and justice; and health professions and education.
All students can work closely with their success coaches, who serve as a resource for accessing tutoring services, navigating financial aid and student accounts, and planning an academic program. The online undergraduate programs offer degree completion opportunities. Admission requires a 2.5 GPA in college courses with completion of at least 57 credits.
Utica College Online Accreditation, Tuition, and Admission Info
Accreditation and Approvals
Utica College is regionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. UC also holds programmatic accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs, National Centers of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education, National Centers of Digital Forensic Academic Excellence, and Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. In addition, the college holds accreditation in its construction management, chemistry, occupational therapy, physical therapy, nutrition, and teaching programs.
- Undergraduate On-Campus: $20,126 per year or $671 per credit
- Undergraduate Online: $395-475 per credit
- Graduate On-Campus: $693-800 per credit
- Graduate Online: $650-895 per credit
Each freshman applicant should complete college prep classes in high school. The school's rolling admissions process allows students to learn admission decisions within a few weeks of applying. Nursing students must apply by February 1st. Utica offers both early decision and early action admissions.
The online programs at Utica College offer degree-completion opportunities. An applicant seeking to enroll in these programs must bring at least 57 college credits with their application. The credits should include general education requirements. Utica maintains articulation agreements with several junior colleges in upstate New York.
Graduate admissions vary by department and program. Many require a minimum of a 3.0 undergraduate GPA. An individual without a related undergraduate degree may complete prerequisite courses before beginning their graduate work.
- Enrollment: 5,258
- Student-to-Teacher Ratio: 11:1
- Percentage of Students Receiving Financial Aid: 95%
- Accreditation: Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- Full-Time Freshman Retention Rate: 75%
- Required Standardized Test: MAT for education graduate students; GMAT may be required for some programs
- Public/Private: Private, nonprofit
- Acceptance Rate: 82%
- Graduation Rate: 44%
- Athletics: NCAA Division III - Empire 8 Conference
- Mascot: Trax the moose
- Colors: Navy blue and orange
- Address: 1600 Burrstone Road, Utica, NY 13502
- Phone Number: (315) 792-3006
- Social Media: Facebook; Twitter; Instagram
Online Degrees Offered
- Utica College offers five online undergraduate degrees, nine master's degrees, one doctorate, and 12 certificate programs.
- The school's economic crime prevention department offers specializations in financial crime and fraud investigation.
- The criminal justice department offers degrees in cybersecurity, intelligence analysis, policy, and risk analysis. The business school offers both a master's of business administration and a master's degree in accounting.
- The health care department offers an RN-to-BSN bridge program for nurses, a master's in nursing, a transitional doctor of physical therapy, and a master's in healthcare administration.
Students Also Viewed These Schools
Popular with our students.
Highly informative resources to keep your education journey on track.
Take the next step toward your future with online learning.
Discover schools with the programs and courses you’re interested in, and start learning today.