University of Wisconsin Milwaukee Online
thebestschools.org is an advertising-supported site. Featured or trusted partner programs and all school search, finder, or match results are for schools that compensate us. This compensation does not influence our school rankings, resource guides, or other editorially-independent information published on this site.
Are you ready to discover your college program?
- Offers credit for military training
- Offers some self-paced programs
- Offers some competency-based learning
- Offers some bachelor's completion programs
University of Wisconsin Milwaukee (UWM) has offered quality education for more than 130 years. Since its beginnings as a normal school in 1885 to the formation of the current university in 1956, the university has grown to one of the largest universities in Wisconsin. A member of the University of Wisconsin System, UWM consists of more than a dozen colleges and schools offering nearly 200 degree programs. Through UWM Online students can pursue more than 30 online degrees and certificates and enroll in more than 700 online courses – taught by the same award-winning faculty as the university's on-campus programs.
University of Wisconsin Milwaukee's Accreditation, Approvals, Tuition & Admissions Info
Accreditation and Approvals
University of Wisconsin Milwaukee is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Undergraduate tuition -- $980.30 in-state / $1,450.27 out-of-state
Graduate tuition -- $1,292.34 in-state / $2,107.15 out-of-state
Admissions and Transfer Info
University of Wisconsin Milwaukee's admission prerequisites and application requirements vary by program.
Freshman applicants must submit official high school and college transcripts, if applicable, as well as ACT or SAT scores. Applicants also can submit letters of recommendation.
Transfer applicants must submit official high school and college transcripts.
In general, graduate applicants must submit official transcripts, letters of recommendation and GRE scores.
International applicants also must submit TOEFL/IELTS scores.
- Student population: About 25,600
- Student-to-faculty ratio: 18 to 1
- Percentage receiving grant or scholarship aid: 57%
- Accreditation: Regional (Higher Learning Commission)
- Region: Upper Midwest
- Retention Rate: 72%
- Requires SAT or ACT: SAT or ACT
- Public/Private: Public Nonprofit
- Acceptance Rate: 73%
- Graduation Rate: 40%
- Cost Per Credit (In-State/Out-of-State): Undergrad: $980.30 / $1,450.27
- Grad: $1,292.34 / $2,107.15
- Address: 2200 E. Kentwood Blvd., Milwaukee, WI 53201 USA
University of Wisconsin Milwaukee Featured in TBS Rankings
Online Bachelor Degrees
- Ranked among The 20 Best Online Bachelor in History Degree Programs
- Ranked among The 25 Best Online Bachelor of Sociology Degree Programs
- Ranked among The 30 Best Online Bachelor in Psychology Degree Programs
Online Master's Degrees
Popular with our students.
Highly informative resources to keep your education journey on track.
Take the next step toward your future with online learning.
Discover schools with the programs and courses you’re interested in, and start learning today.