- Online programs offered to residents of all 50 U.S. states.
- Support for military veterans and their families offered through the school's Military and Veterans Success Center, including benefit processing/certification, peer tutoring and mentoring, resume help, and counseling.
- Alumni include Senator Bryan Hughes, Tennis Australia CEO Craig Tiley, NBCUniversal President Valerie Staab, former Texas Department of Transportation Commissioner Jeff Austin III, and country singer Brandon Rhyder.
Part of the renowned University of Texas System, UT Tyler was founded in 1971 and currently serves around 10,000 students. Located 100 miles east of Dallas, the school consists of six academic colleges and offers degrees at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral levels.
UT Tyler's online learners choose from a wide selection of professional and academic degrees, including educational leadership, English, executive healthcare administration, kinesiology, and school counseling. Courses use a combination of synchronous and asynchronous materials, including discussion boards and live video chat.
University of Texas at Tyler's Accreditation, Tuition, and Admissions Info
Accreditation and Approvals
The University of Texas at Tyler is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- In-State Undergrads: $786/credit
- Out-of-State Undergrads: $1,260/credit
- In-State Graduates: $893/credit
- Out-of-State Graduates: $1,364/credit
UT Tyler's admission requirements vary by program. Undergraduate applicants must submit SAT or ACT scores and high school transcripts. Applicants in the top 10% of their graduating high school classes receive automatic admission. UT Tyler considers other applicants on a combination of class rank and SAT/ACT scores.
Application requirements for graduate studies vary among programs, but most applicants must submit official undergraduate transcripts, GRE or GMAT scores, a statement of purpose, and letters of recommendation. Some programs may also require relevant professional experience.
- Student Population: 10,000
- Student-to-Faculty Ratio: 19:1
- Percentage Receiving Grant or Scholarship Aid: 81%
- Founded: 1971
- Accreditation: Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)
- Full-Time Freshman Retention Rate: 58%
- Required Standardized Test(s): SAT, ACT, GRE, GMAT
- Public/Private: Public
- Acceptance Rate: 69%
- Graduation Rate: 51%
- Athletics: NCAA Division II
- Mascot: Swoop the Bald Eagle
- Colors: Blue, orange, and white
- Address: 3900 University Blvd, Tyler, TX 75799
- Phone Number: (903) 566-7000
- Social Media: Facebook; Twitter; Instagram
Online Degrees Offered
UT Tyler offers:
- Two online bachelor's degrees
- 17 online master's degrees
- Three doctoral degrees