University of Phoenix Online
thebestschools.org is an advertising-supported site. Featured or trusted partner programs and all school search, finder, or match results are for schools that compensate us. This compensation does not influence our school rankings, resource guides, or other editorially-independent information published on this site.
Are you ready to discover your college program?
- The Most Popular Online College with a total enrollment of over 260,000.
- Pioneered adult learning
- Providing education since 1976
- Offers year-round enrollment
University of Phoenix is regarded as the nation’s largest private university. The school was created to provide higher education opportunities to working adults. The education programs are designed to allow students to earn their degree while working full-time.
The university offers an array of on-campus and online associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degree programs in the fields of technology, education, business and healthcare. The school also offers certificates and professional employment credits. The University of Phoenix has more than 200 learning centers throughout the country.
University of Phoenix Accreditation, Tuition, & Admissions
University of Phoenix is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
- Undergraduate – $398 per credit
- Master’s – $698 per credit (most programs)
- Doctoral – $810 per credit
University of Phoenix provides year-round enrollment. Admission requirements may vary by program, college, and degree level. Applicants for associate and bachelor’s degree programs need to have one of the following items: a high school diploma, a GED certificate, a California High School Proficiency Examination certificate or a foreign secondary school equivalent.
Students are required to be currently employed or have access to an organizational setting which allows students to apply the concepts they learned in their classes. Some undergraduate degree programs require applicants with less than 24 transferable credits to be employed or have one year of full-time work experience.
Applicants for graduate degree programs need an undergraduate degree from an approved nationally or regionally accredited college or university or a comparable degree from a recognized institution situated outside of the United States.
Applicants for doctoral degree programs are required to have a master’s degree from an approved nationally or regionally accredited college or university or a comparable degree received from a recognized institution situated outside of the United States. However, a master’s degree is not required for the Doctor of Philosophy in Industrial/Organizational Psychology program.
Applicants also need, at a minimum, a 3.0 GPA and three years of professional work experience in a leadership position. However, some doctoral degree programs have specific requirements.
State and federal aid, grants, loans and internal and external scholarship sources are available. The University of Phoenix provides several campus and community university scholarship programs. The military plan provides tuition assistance to U.S. Armed Forces personnel.
- Student Population: 263,000 (Online & On-campus)
- Student-to-Faculty Ratio: 38 to 1
- Percentage receiving grant or scholarship aid: 80%
- Founded: 1976
- Accreditation: Regional; The Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
- Full-Time Freshman Retention Rate: 26.9%
- Required Standardized Test(s): None
- Public/Private: Private, For-Profit
- Acceptance Rate: 100%
- Institutional Aggregated Graduation Rate: 36%
- Cost Per Credit:
– Undergraduate – $398 per credit
– Master’s – $698 per credit (most programs)
– Doctoral – $810 per credit
- Athletics: None
- Mascot: None
- Colors: UOPX Red & UOPX Platinum
- Address: 4025 S. Riverpoint Parkway, Phoenix, AZ 85040–0723
- Phone Number: 8–844-937–8679
Popular with our students.
Highly informative resources to keep your education journey on track.
Take the next step toward your future with online learning.
Discover schools with the programs and courses you’re interested in, and start learning today.