University of Wisconsin – Whitewater Online
| TBS Staff
Are you ready to discover your college program?
- UW Whitewater places among the top 15% of higher education institutions nationwide in offering support for veterans.
- UW Whitewater allows nontraditional students to earn credit for prior learning outside the classroom.
- Notable alumni of UW Whitewater include several NFL players, university football coaches, Wisconsin state senators, and two U.S. Air Force major generals.
Founded as Whitewater Normal School in 1868, the university underwent several name changes before merging with the University of Wisconsin system in 1971. Today, UW-Whitewater enrolls more than 10,500 full-time students, 2,000 part-time students, and 800 exclusively online students. Students participate in courses within 17 online degrees, certificates, and alternative licensure programs in nearly a dozen different disciplines.
UW Whitewater Tuition, Accreditation, and Admissions Info
- Resident undergraduate: $7,700
- Nonresident undergraduate: $16,265 ($8,500 for Minnesota residents)
- Resident graduate: $500 per credit
- Nonresident graduate: $1025 per credit
- Online undergraduate and graduate degrees from the college of business and economics cost $400 per credit and $650 per credit, respectively, regardless of residency.
Accreditation and Approvals
The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Departments offering degrees with programmatic accreditation include art, business, chemistry, communication sciences, counseling, music, occupational safety, school psychology, social work, and theatre.
Specific admission requirements vary depending on program selection, student status, and additional factors including military service. Prospective students should consult program-specific pages or an academic advisor for the most accurate information concerning admission.
UW Whitewater admissions for undergraduate online programs generally require a minimum GPA, submission of transcripts, and a minimum number of college credits or work experience. Online graduate programs require applicants to hold minimum GPA qualifications and a bachelor's degree. GMAT or GRE score requirements may be waived if an applicant meets other qualifications. UW Whitewater acceptance rate for undergraduate students is 70%.
- Founded: 1868
- Online student population: 785
- Student-to-faculty ratio: 21-to-1
- Approximately 43% of UW-Whitewater undergraduates receive some form of financial aid.
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission
- Full-Time Freshman Retention Rate: 82%
- Required Standardized Test(s): ACT, SAT, GRE, TOEFL, IELTS
- Public/Private: Public
- Acceptance Rate: 83%
- Graduation Rate: 59%
- Athletics: NCAA Division III
- Mascot: Warhawks
- Colors: Purple and white
- Address: 800 W. Main Street, Whitewater, WI 53190-1790
- Phone Number: (262) 472-1234
- Social Media: Facebook, Twitter
UW Whitewater Online Degrees Offered
- seven online bachelor's degrees
- six online master's degrees
- four online certificates to enhance a professional education
Popular with our students.
Highly informative resources to keep your education journey on track.
Take the next step toward your future with online learning.
Discover schools with the programs and courses you’re interested in, and start learning today.