The University of Texas at Dallas Online
thebestschools.org is an advertising-supported site. Featured or trusted partner programs and all school search, finder, or match results are for schools that compensate us. This compensation does not influence our school rankings, resource guides, or other editorially-independent information published on this site.
Are you ready to discover your college program?
- Founded by the creators of Texas Instruments (think calculators!)
- Award-winning online MBA program
- Highly ranked research institution
The University of Texas at Dallas (UT Dallas), a public university founded in 1969, holds a Carnegie R1 classification, which means they are categorized as an extremely active research institution. The school offers top-ranked science, engineering, and business programs, as well as a number of other degree programs, in everything from audiology to art. Though not all of the university's programs are available online, they are committed to delivering quality eLearning programs and offer several online masters programs.
The University of Texas at Dallas's Accreditation, Tuition & Admissions Info
Accreditation and Approvals
The University of Texas at Dallas is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Undergraduate tuition (on-campus) — $1,413
- Graduate tuition (on-campus and online) — $1,453
Admissions and Transfer Info
Admission prerequisites and application requirements at the University of Texas at Dallas vary by program.
Freshman applicants must submit ACT/SAT scores, official transcripts, and a resume, and may also submit an optional essay or letters of recommendation.
Transfer students must have at least 42 transferable credit hours with at least a 3.0 GPA and fewer than 90 attempted hours from all attended institutions of higher education. Transfer students must be in good standing with the last college attended. Transfer students who do not meet these requirements may also be asked to provide an official high school transcript, SAT/ACT scores, and an essay explaining educational history.
UT Dallas provides a searchable Transfer Equivalencies page on their website that allows potential transfer students to check how their credits will potentially transfer to UT Dallas. Generally, students must have received a C or higher in previous college coursework for it to be considered for transfer credit.The university will not consider non-academic coursework such as vocational, developmental or remedial studies for transfer credit.
International students also must submit proof of English language proficiency.
Graduate admissions requirements vary based on program.
- Student population: About 27,600
- Student-to-faculty ratio: 23 to 1
- Percentage receiving grant or scholarship aid: 69%
- Out-of-State Undergraduates: 4%
- Founded: 1969
- Accreditation: Regional, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
- Full-Time Freshman Retention Rate: 87%
- Required Standardized Test(s): SAT or ACT
- Public/Private: Public Nonprofit
- Acceptance Rate: 68%
- Graduation Rate: 67%
- Cost Per Credit (In-State/Out-of-State):
- Undergraduate: $1,413/ $2,267
- Graduate: $1,453/ $2,205
- Athletics: NCAA Division III
- Mascot: Comets
- Colors: Orange, Green, White
- Address: 800 W. Campbell Road, Richardson, Texas 75080
- Phone Number: 972-883-2111
The University of Texas at Dallas Featured in TBS Rankings
Online Master's Degrees
- The 50 Best Online MBA Programs
- The 30 Best Online Master's in Accounting Programs
- The 20 Best Online MBA Entrepreneurship Programs
- The 20 Best Online Master's of Information Technology (IT) Degree Programs
- The 10 Best Online Master's in Criminology Programs
- The 50 Best Online Master's in Management
- The 50 Best Online Master's in Cyber Crime Programs
- The 50 Best Online Master's in Marketing Programs
Popular with our students.
Highly informative resources to keep your education journey on track.
Take the next step toward your future with online learning.
Discover schools with the programs and courses you’re interested in, and start learning today.