University of North Alabama Online
| TBS Staff
Are you ready to discover your college program?
- Founded in 1830, preceding the American Civil War.
- Offers a good selection of online degree programs.
- Features numerous NCAA Division II athletic teams.
The University of North Alabama, at public university founded in 1830, enrolls about 7,500 students in a variety of undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs. Students may choose to study diverse fields, including business, health sciences, education, and psychology. Originally founded as LaGrange College, the institution has seen numerous transformations over the years, with particular difficulty caused by the American Civil War. Today, the University of North Alabama has a vibrant student life on campus, and offers a variety of online programs.
Accreditation, Tuition & Admissions
Accreditation and Approvals
The University of North Alabama is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Undergraduate tuition — $277 per hour
- Graduate tuition — $326 per hour
The University of North Alabama's admission prerequisites and application requirements vary by program.
Freshman applicants must submit ACT/SAT scores and official high school transcripts.
Transfer applicants must submit official transcripts from all previously attended institutions.
International students also must submit proof of English language proficiency, an affidavit of financial support, and a supporting bank letter.
Graduate admissions requirements vary based on program.
- Student population: About 7,500
- Student-to-faculty ratio: 20 to 1
- Percentage receiving grant or scholarship aid: 96%
- Out-of-State Undergraduates: 15%
- Founded: 1830
- Accreditation: Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
- Full-Time Freshman Retention Rate: 75%
- Required Standardized Test(s): SAT or ACT
- Public/Private: Public Nonprofit
- Acceptance Rate: 56%
- Graduation Rate: 43%
- Cost Per Credit (In-State/Out-of-State):
- Undergraduate: $277/ $554
- Graduate: $326/ $652
- Athletics: NCAA Division II
- Mascot: Lions
- Colors: Purple and Gold
- Address: 1 Harrison Plaza, Florence, AL 35632, USA
- Phone Number: 256-765-4100
Popular with our students.
Highly informative resources to keep your education journey on track.
Take the next step toward your future with online learning.
Discover schools with the programs and courses you’re interested in, and start learning today.