University of Miami Online
| TBS Staff
Are you ready to discover your college program?
- Several available start dates throughout the year.
- Scholarship opportunities for alumni, military personnel, and employees.
- The University of Miami alumni network boasts over 160,000 former students.
- Dozens of former Miami Hurricanes football players currently play in the NFL.
Founded in 1925, the University of Miami's original class featured 646 students. Today, the institution ranks among the U.S. News and World Report's top 50 U.S. schools, and delivers 133 bachelor's programs, 139 master's programs, and 68 doctoral programs. Online learners receive 24/7 technical assistance and career advice, and are invited to attend on-campus events such as orientation and industry-related gatherings.
University of Miami Tuition, Accreditation, and Admissions Info
- Undergraduate students: $48,720
- Graduate students: $36,540
Accreditation and Approvals
The University of Miami is regionally accredited by Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Additional accreditations are granted by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Accreditation, the American Music Therapy Association, the American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation, and the Council on Education for Public Health.
Freshmen applicants must provide a high school transcript and ACT/SAT scores, an application, and recommendation letters. A student's high school counselor must also complete a school report form. Individual programs may require further elements, such as a portfolio for the bachelor's degree in architecture. University of Miami acceptance rate for undergraduate students is around 36%.
Transfer students must submit college transcripts, and the school report must be from a college faculty member. Candidates with at least 30 college credits, however, do not need to submit ACT/SAT scores.
Graduate students must submit GRE/GMAT scores, two professional references, and a personal statement.
- Student population: 10,832 undergraduates and 6,171 graduate students.
- Small class sizes, as 75% of classes include a maximum of 26 students.
- Accreditation: Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
- Full-Time Freshman Retention Rate: 91%
- Required Standardized Test(s): ACT/SAT for undergraduate learners; GRE/GMAT for graduate learners.
- Public/Private: Private
- Graduation Rate: 72% for four or fewer years
- Athletics: NCAA Division I; Atlantic Coast Conference
- Mascot: Sebastian the Ibis
- Colors: Orange, white, and green
- Address: University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL 33124
- Phone Number: (305) 284-2211
- Social Media: Facebook; Instagram; LinkedIn; Twitter; YouTube
University of Miami Online Degrees Offered
- Students can choose from seven online master's degrees, including two master of education degrees in applied learning sciences and sport administration, and two master of science degrees in finance and health informatics.
- Additional master's degrees include public administration, professional accounting, and business administration.
- The university also offers a doctor of education in applied learning sciences.
Popular with our students.
Highly informative resources to keep your education journey on track.
Take the next step toward your future with online learning.
Discover schools with the programs and courses you’re interested in, and start learning today.