University of Arkansas at Little Rock Online
thebestschools.org is an advertising-supported site. Featured or trusted partner programs and all school search, finder, or match results are for schools that compensate us. This compensation does not influence our school rankings, resource guides, or other editorially-independent information published on this site.
Are you ready to discover your college program?
- Found in 1927 as Little Rock Junior College.
- Popular programs in health sciences and business.
- Home to numerous research centers, including the Center for Nanotechnology Integrative Services.
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock, a public research university founded in 1927, enrolls about 12,000 students in a full array of undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs. Initially founded as Little Rock Junior College, the institution became a private four-year university in 1950 until merging with the University of Arkansas System in 1969 and becoming public once again. It now offers over 100 undergraduate and over 60 graduate degrees across five colleges and one school.
Accreditation, Tuition & Admissions
Accreditation and Approvals
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
- Undergraduate tuition — $216.50 per hour
- Graduate tuition — $320 per hour
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock's admission prerequisites and application requirements vary by program.
Freshman applicants must submit ACT/SAT scores and official high school transcripts, as well as proof of two MMR vaccines.
Transfer applicants must submit official transcripts with at least 12 transferable credit hours from another institution.
International students also must submit proof of English language proficiency.
Graduate admissions requirements vary based on program.
- Student population: About 12,000
- Student-to-faculty ratio: 13 to 1
- Percentage receiving grant or scholarship aid: 95%
- Out-of-State Undergraduates: 10%
- Founded: 1927
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
- Full-Time Freshman Retention Rate: 68%
- Required Standardized Test(s): SAT or ACT
- Public/Private: Public Nonprofit
- Acceptance Rate: 90%
- Graduation Rate: 30%
- Cost Per Credit (In-State/Out-of-State):
- Undergraduate: $216.50/ $625
- Graduate: $320/ $725
- Athletics: NCAA Division I
- Mascot: Trojans
- Colors: Maroon and Silver
- Address: 2801, S. University Ave., Little Rock, AR, 72204, USA
- Phone Number: 501-569-3000
Popular with our students.
Highly informative resources to keep your education journey on track.
Take the next step toward your future with online learning.
Discover schools with the programs and courses you’re interested in, and start learning today.