University of Alaska Southeast Online
thebestschools.org is an advertising-supported site. Featured or trusted partner programs and all school search, finder, or match results are for schools that compensate us. This compensation does not influence our school rankings, resource guides, or other editorially-independent information published on this site.
Are you ready to discover your college program?
- Small student-to-faculty ratio of 9-to-1.
- While the University of Alaska Southeast does not participate in intercollegiate athletics, it does offer several intramural sports options.
- Engages in a variety of research partnerships, such as with the Alaska Coastal Rainforest Center.
The University of Alaska Southeast is a public university founded in 1972. The university enrolls about 2,500 students in a select variety of undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs. The university consists of three schools: the School of Arts and Sciences, the School of Career Education, and the School of Education. The university serves students in Juneau and beyond through three regional campuses, as well as numerous online offerings.
Accreditation, Tuition & Admissions
Accreditation and Approvals
The University of Alaska Southeast is regionally accredited by Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU).
- Undergraduate tuition — $223 per credit hour (average; exact price varies by level of course)
- Graduate tuition — $466 per credit hour
The University of Alaska Southeast's admission prerequisites and application requirements vary by program.
Freshman applicants must submit ACT/SAT scores and official transcripts.
Transfer applicants must submit ACT/SAT scores official college transcripts, and must have taken 30 credit hours or more after graduating high school. Freshman transfer applicants with less than 30 credit hours must have left their prior institution in good standing.
International students also must submit proof of English language proficiency.
Graduate admissions requirements vary based on program.
- Student population: About 2,500
- Student-to-faculty ratio: 9 to 1
- Percentage receiving grant or scholarship aid: 77%
- Out-of-State Undergraduates: 10%
- Founded: 1972
- Accreditation: Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU).
- Full-Time Freshman Retention Rate: 56%
- Required Standardized Test(s): SAT or ACT
- Public/Private: Public
- Acceptance Rate: 49%
- Graduation Rate: 17%
- Cost Per Credit (In-State/Out-of-State):
- Undergraduate: $223/$736 (average; exact price varies by level of course)
- Graduate: $466/$979
- Address: 11066 Auke Lake Way, Juneau, AK, 99801, USA
- Phone Number: 907-796-6100
Popular with our students.
Highly informative resources to keep your education journey on track.
Take the next step toward your future with online learning.
Discover schools with the programs and courses you’re interested in, and start learning today.