University of Alabama Online
| TBS Staff
Are you ready to discover your college program?
- Credit for life experiences
- Credit for military training
- Same standards as on-campus programs
- Among oldest public universities in Alabama
Founded in 1820, the University of Alabama is among the oldest and largest public universities in the state of Alabama. The flagship of the University of Alabama System, the university consists of 13 academic divisions, leading to a host of undergraduate, graduate, doctoral and education specialist degrees. Through Bama By Distance, the University of Alabama helps students balance family, education and career with online, video streaming, evening and weekend courses. Online programs feature the same professors and the same learning standards as the university's traditional on-campus programs. Bama By Distance gives students the ultimate flexibility allowing them to view lectures on their schedule and interact with professors and complete assignments by email. Online students can earn degrees ranging from undergraduate to doctorate.
University of Alabama Online Degrees
University of Alabama Accreditation, Approvals, Tuition & Admissions Info
University of Alabama is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges.
Undergraduate tuition (in-state/out-of-state) -- $364 / $364
Graduate tuition (in-state/out-of-state) -- $394 / $394
Admissions and Transfer Info
University of Alabama admission prerequisites and application requirements vary by program.
Undergraduate applicants who graduated from high school at least four years ago must submit high school transcripts with at least a 2.5 GPA.
Undergraduate applicants who graduated from high school less than four years ago must submit high school transcripts with at least a 3.0 GPA and ACT/SAT scores.
Undergraduates who have earned college credit must submit college transcripts with at least a 2.0 GPA.
The University of Alabama will allow a maximum of 61 transfer credits toward an undergraduate degree.
Graduate applicants must hold an undergraduate degree from accredited institution or its equivalent, with an overall undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher for the last 60 semester hours of undergraduate coursework. They also must submit GRE/GMAT scores, if applicable.
- Accreditation: Regional (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges)
- Region: Southeast
- Retention Rate: 87%
- Requires SAT or ACT: SAT or ACT
- Public/Private: Public Nonprofit
- Acceptance Rate: 53%
- Graduation Rate: 68%
- Cost Per Credit: Undergrad: $364 in-state / $364 out-of-state
Grad: $394 in-state / $394 out-of-state
- Address: 739 University Blvd., Tuscaloosa, AL 35487 USA
- Student population: 37,600
- Student-to-faculty ratio: 23 to 1
- Percentage receiving grant or scholarship aid: 64%
Online Degrees at the University of Alabama
Significant University of Alabama online degree rankings:
#1 Best Online College in Alabama
Ranked among The Best Online Colleges for 2019
Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs
- BA in Interdisciplinary Studies
- BS in Hospitality Management
- BS in Commerce and Business Administration
- BS in Food and Nutrition
- BS in Human Environmental Sciences: Consumer Sciences, Consumer Affairs
- BS in Human Environmental Sciences: Consumer Sciences, Family Financial Planning and Counseling
- BS in Human Environmental Sciences: Human Development and Family Studies, Child Development Practitioner
- BS in Human Environmental Sciences: Human Development and Family Studies, Child Life
- BS in Human Environmental Services: General Studies
- BS in Human Environmental Studies, Early Childhood Education
- BS in Interdisciplinary Studies
- RN to BSN
Online Master’s Degree Programs
- MA in Special Education: Collaborative 6-12 Certification
- JM in Taxation
- LLM in Business Transaction
- LLM in Taxation
- MA in Communication Studies
- MA in Communication Studies: Organizational Leadership
- MA in Educational Leadership
- MA in Educational Leadership: Instructional Leadership Certification
- MA in Educational Psychology: Learning and Assessment
- MA in Elementary Education
- MA in Health Studies
- MA in Human Performance: Sport Management Teacher Certification
- MA in Journalism
- MA in Library Science
- MA in Management: Global Business Management
- MA in Rehabilitation Counseling
- MA in Secondary Education: English Language Arts
- MA in Secondary Education: Reading Specialist P-12 Certification
- MS in Aerospace Engineering and Mechanics
- MS in Consumer Sciences: Family Financial Planning and Counseling
- MS in Human Environmental Sciences: Consumer Quality Management
- MS in Human Environmental Sciences: Interactive Technology
- MS in Human Environmental Sciences: Restaurant and Hospitality Management
- MS in Human Environmental Studies: General Studies
- MS in Human Nutrition
- MS in Marketing
- MS in Marketing: Marketing Analytics
- MS in Mechanical Engineering
- MS in Operations Management
- MSN in Case Manager
- MSN in Clinical Nurse Leader
Online Doctorate Degree Programs
- EdD in Instructional Leadership, Nurse Education
Online Undergraduate Certificate Programs
- Instructional Leadership
- Computing Technology and Applications Minor
Online Graduate Certificate Programs
- EdS in Educational Leadership: Instructional Leadership Certification
- EdS in Elementary Education
- EdS in Secondary Education: Science Certification
- Consumer Conflict Management, Negotiation and Mediation
Popular with our students.
Highly informative resources to keep your education journey on track.
Take the next step toward your future with online learning.
Discover schools with the programs and courses you’re interested in, and start learning today.