University of North Texas Online
| TBS Staff
Are you ready to discover your college program?
- Provides credit for life experiences
- Offers credit for military training
- Offers some bachelor's completion programs
- Offers guaranteed tuition rate for resident undergraduates
University of North Texas (UNT), a public university, consists of a dozen colleges and schools as well as the Texas Academy of Mathematics and Science. Part of the University of North Texas System, UNT has offered quality academic programs for more than 125 years. Founded in 1890 as a normal school, UNT offers a range of degree programs and certificates. UNT enables students to complete a number of online undergraduate and graduate degrees – as well as a doctorate in Learning Technologies – without setting foot on campus.
University of North Texas's Accreditation, Approvals, Tuition & Admissions Info
Accreditation and Approvals
University of North Texas is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges.
UNT offers the Eagle Express Tuition Plan option, which allows Texas residents to lock in their total academic costs as long as they graduate on time.
- Undergraduate tuition -- $ 681.62 to $898.28 in-state / $1,096.62 out-of-state
- Graduate tuition -- $701.05 in-state / $1,116.05 out-of-state
Admissions and Transfer Info
University of North Texas's admission prerequisites and application requirements vary by program.
UNT offers guaranteed admission if applicants rank in the top 10 percent of their high school class and submit ACT/SAT scores or meet other rank and SAT/ACT score requirements.
Freshman applicants must submit ACT/SAT scores and meet curriculum requirements.
UNT also may require letters of recommendation and a personal statement.
Transfer applicants who hold more than 44 credit hours must have at least a 2.0 GPA. Those with 30 to 44 credit hours must have at least a 2.25 GPA. Those with fewer than 30 credit hours must have at least a 2.5 GPA and submit high school transcripts and SAT/ACT scores.
International applicants must submit proof of English language proficiency, their passport, and the International Student Statement of Finances.
In general, graduate applicants must submit official transcripts; GRE, GMAT or MAT scores; and letters of recommendation.
- Student population: About 38,100
- Student-to-faculty ratio: 26 to 1
- Percentage receiving grant or scholarship aid: 48%
- Accreditation: Regional (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges)
- Region: South
- Retention Rate: 80%
- Requires SAT or ACT: SAT or ACT
- Public/Private: Public Nonprofit
- Acceptance Rate: 72%
- Graduation Rate: 52%
- Cost Per Credit (In-State/Out-of-State): Undergrad: $681.62 to $898.28 / $1,096.62
- Grad: $701.05 / $1,116.05
- Address: 1155 Union Circle 311277, Denton, TX 76203 USA
University of North Texas Featured in TBS Rankings
- Ranked among The Best Online Colleges in Texas
- Ranked among The 30 Best Online Master's in Education Degree Programs
- Ranked among The 20 Best Online Master of Library and Information Science Degree Programs
- Ranked among The 25 Best Online Master in Educational Technology Degree Programs
- Ranked among The 50 Best Online MBA Programs
- Ranked among The 30 Best Online Master of Public Health Degrees
- Ranked among The 20 Best Online Masters in Substance Abuse Counseling Degree Programs
- Ranked among the 50 Best Online Master's in Marketing Degree Programs
Popular with our students.
Highly informative resources to keep your education journey on track.
Take the next step toward your future with online learning.
Discover schools with the programs and courses you’re interested in, and start learning today.