- Provides credit for life experiences
- Offers credit for military training
- Offers nationally ranked programs
Founded in 1908 as a private non-sectarian college, the University of Nebraska Omaha (UNO) became a public institution in 1930. Part of the University of Nebraska system, the space-grant UNO allows students to pursue more than 200 programs of study across six colleges. Online students can earn a range of undergraduate and graduate degrees and certificates fully online. The online courses feature the same challenging coursework as UNO’s on-campus programs but with the added flexibility of 24/7 access to course materials.
University of Nebraska Omaha’s Accreditation, Approvals, Tuition & Admissions Info
Accreditation and Approvals
University of Nebraska Omaha is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Undergraduate tuition — $216.25 in-state / $677.25 out-of-state
Graduate tuition — $269.50 in-state / $753 out-of-state
Admissions and Transfer Info
University of Nebraska Omaha’s admission prerequisites and application requirements vary by program.
First-time first-year students must submit official transcripts and ACT or SAT scores.
International student also must submit proof of English-language proficiency.
Transfer student applicants must submit official high school and college transcripts. Those with fewer than 24 credits also must submit ACT/SAT scores.
Graduate applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university or college or its international equivalent. Applicants must submit official transcripts, letters of recommendation and a personal statement. Depending on the program, the university also may require GRE, GMAT or MAT scores. UNO also may require a portfolio of creative work or personal interviews.
- Student population: About 15,600
- Student-to-faculty ratio: 17 to 1
- Percentage receiving grant or scholarship aid: 59%
- Accreditation: Regional (Higher Learning Commission)
- Region: Midwest
- Retention Rate: 77%
- Requires SAT or ACT: SAT or ACT
- Public/Private: Public Nonprofit
- Acceptance Rate: 86%
- Graduation Rate: 45%
- Cost Per Credit (In-State/Out-of-State): Undergrad: $216.25 / $677.25
- Grad: $269.50 / $753
- Address: 6001 Dodge St., Omaha, NE 68182 USA
University of Nebraska Omaha Featured in TBS Rankings
- Ranked among The Best Online Colleges in Nebraska
- Ranked among The 25 Online Colleges with the Best Return on Investment
Online Bachelor Degrees
- Ranked among The 30 Best Online Bachelor of Criminal Justice Degree Programs
- Ranked among The 25 Most Affordable Online Bachelor’s Degrees in Criminal Justice