- Provides credit for life experiences
- Same tuition for in-state and out-of-state residents
- Offers credit for military training
- No campus visits required
- Undergraduate-focused university
- Some competency-based learning
The University of Minnesota–Crookston (UMC), a public, co-educational, baccalaureate institution founded in 1966, provides students with a hands-on approach to learning. With a focus on undergraduate education, UMC combines practice, theory and experimentation. A member of the University of Minnesota system, UMC boasts small class sizes and integrates technology across all disciplines. Online students can complete a number of career-oriented programs with 24/7 access to course materials.
- Ranked #2 among The Best Online Colleges in Minnesota
- Ranked #39 among The Best Online Colleges in the U.S.
University of Minnesota–Crookston Online Degrees
University of Minnesota–Crookston's Accreditation, Approvals, Tuition & Admissions Info
University of Minnesota–Crookston is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Undergraduate tuition -- $395.47 / 395.47
Graduate tuition – N/A
Admissions and Transfer Info
University of Minnesota–Crookston's admission prerequisites and application requirements vary by program.
Transfer students must complete at least 30 semester credits – including the last 20 credits – at UMC.
Admission is based on high school coursework, grade point average, and SAT/ACT scores.
- Accreditation: Regional (Higher Learning Commission)
- Region: Upper Midwest
- Retention Rate: 76%
- Requires SAT or ACT: Either SAT or ACT
- Public/Private: Public Nonprofit
- Acceptance Rate: 68%
- Graduation Rate: 54%
- Cost Per Credit (In-State/Out-of-State): Undergrad: $395.47 / $395.47
- Address: 2900 University Ave., Crookston, MN 56716 USA
- Student population: More than 1,800
- Student-to-faculty ratio: 16 to 1
- Percentage receiving grant or scholarship aid: 86%
Online Degrees at the University of Minnesota–Crookston
Liberal Arts & Humanities
Business & Management
Sport and Recreation Management
Accounting - Ranked #12
Health Management - Ranked #5
Management - Ranked #5
Marketing - Ranked #4
Sport & Recreation Management
Computers & Technology
Information Technology Management - Ranked #11
Nursing & Healthcare