University of Maine at Fort Kent Online
thebestschools.org is an advertising-supported site. Featured or trusted partner programs and all school search, finder, or match results are for schools that compensate us. This compensation does not influence our school rankings, resource guides, or other editorially-independent information published on this site.
Are you ready to discover your college program?
- Military students can pay resident tuition rates.
- A member of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements.
- Scholarships for first-time, transfer, out-of-state, and international candidates available
The University of Maine at Fort Kent was established in 1878 to train teachers in the region. Today, the school offers programs in multiple fields, including business, healthcare, English, and technology. This military-friendly school ranked among the U.S. News and World Report's top colleges in the North in 2018, and offers students one of a kind opportunities. For instance, learners can participate in a yearly scholar's symposium featuring speakers, presentations, and displays. This gives students the opportunity to boost resumes and apply their skill sets in public settings.
University of Maine at Fort Kent Tuition, Accreditation, and Admissions Info
- In-state students: $228 per credit
- Out-of-state/international students: $365 per credit
Accreditation and Approvals
The University of Maine at Fort Kent is regionally accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. The school receives numerous specialized accreditations, including from the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education, the Society of American Foresters, and the Maine State Board of Nursing.
Freshmen applicants must complete prerequisite requirements, such as three years of high school math courses and two years of social science. Application requirements include a recommendation letter from a teacher or school counselor, ACT/SAT scores, and high school transcripts. Students who graduated more than four years ago, however, do not need to submit a recommendation letter or ACT/SAT results.
Transfer applicants must additionally submit transcripts from all previous colleges and universities, while international students require a financial documentation form, verification of health insurance, and results from an English proficiency exam.
Graduate programs require various application materials depending on the program, but students should expect to provide a personal statement, recommendation letters, and standardized test scores.
- Full-time students in their first year received an average of $6,050 in financial aid in 2013.
- The school awarded $18,472 in Post-9/11 GI Bill Benefits in 2013-2014.
- Prospective students can apply for free.
- Accreditation: Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
- Required Standardized Test(s): ACT/SAT for undergraduate learners; multiple options for graduate learners
- Public/Private: Public
- Bachelor's Degree Graduation Rate: 2% (four years), 38% (six years), and 38% (eight years)
- Acceptance Rate: 74.6%
- Mascot: Bengal
- Address: 23 University Drive Fort Kent, ME 04743
- Phone Number: (888) 879-8635
- Social Media: Facebook; YouTube; Instagram
University of Maine at Fort Kent Online Degrees Offered
- Degree candidates can choose from eight online associate degrees, including allied health, conversation law enforcement, criminal justice, accounting, emergency management/homeland security, general studies, health information technology, and information security.
- Online bachelor's degrees include accounting, allied health, cybersecurity, healthcare administration, RN-to-BSN, rural public safety administration, and a self-designed opportunity.
- Candidates can also pursue certificates in healthcare management and information security.
Popular with our students.
Highly informative resources to keep your education journey on track.
Take the next step toward your future with online learning.
Discover schools with the programs and courses you’re interested in, and start learning today.