- Provides credit for life experiences
- Same tuition for in-state and out-of-state residents
- Offers credit for military training
- More than 130,000 alumni worldwide
- Same faculty as on-campus students
- Some competency-based learning
The University of Louisville (UofL), a public university founded in 1798, enrolls students about 22,500 students from around the world. A member of the Kentucky state university system, UofL offers about 170 degree programs ranging from bachelor's to doctorates. Its online programs feature a diverse student body, many of whom balance work, home and school. The same world-class faculty teach the university's online and on-campus courses. Online students can complete their undergraduate degrees or pursue a host of master's degrees or certificates.
- Ranked #1 among The Best Online Colleges in Kentucky
- Ranked #34 among The Best Online Colleges in the U.S.
- Ranked among The 30 Best Bachelor in Social Work Degree Programs
University of Louisville Online Degrees
University of Louisville's Accreditation, Approvals, Tuition & Admissions Info
University of Louisville is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges.
Undergraduate tuition -- $497
Graduate tuition -- $714
Admissions and Transfer Info
University of Louisville's admission prerequisites and application requirements vary by program.
Undergraduate applicants must submit official transcripts for all college credits earned at an accredited institution and proof of at least a 2.5 GPA.
Some programs also require prior college experience and work experience or military training.
Graduate applicants must hold a baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from an accredited college or university, at least a 3.0 GPA and a minimum 292 GRE score. Applicants also must submit two recommendation forms and an original essay.
- Accreditation: Regional (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges)
- Region: Midwest
- Retention Rate: 80%
- Requires SAT or ACT: Neither for online programs
- Public/Private: Public Nonprofit
- Acceptance Rate: 73%
- Graduation Rate: 53%
- Cost Per Credit (In-State/Out-of-State): Undergrad: $497 / $497
Grad: $714 / $714
- Address: 2301 S. 3rd St., Louisville, KY 40292 USA
- Student population: About 22,500
- Student-to-faculty ratio: 16 to 1
- Percentage receiving grant or scholarship aid: 93%
Online Degrees at the University of Louisville
Liberal Arts & Humanities
Social Work - Ranked #12
Business & Management
Organizational Leadership and Learning
Leadership and Organizational Development Concentration
Career and Technical Education Concentration
Human Resources and Organization Development
Workplace Learning and Performance
Computers & Technology
Criminal Justice & Legal
Criminal Justice - Ranked #10
Criminal Justice - Ranked #11
Nursing & Healthcare
RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Ranked #33
Education & Teaching
Autism and Applied Behavior Analysis
Higher Education Administration - Ranked #3
Endorsement in Instructional Technology
Endorsement in English as a Second Language
Concentration in Special Ed. - Assistive Technology
Concentration in Special Ed. - Autism Spectrum Disorder (ABA)
Concentration in Special Ed. - Enhanced Content