The University of Delaware Online
Updated September 19, 2022 • 1 min read
thebestschools.org is an advertising-supported site. Featured or trusted partner programs and all school search, finder, or match results are for schools that compensate us. This compensation does not influence our school rankings, resource guides, or other editorially-independent information published on this site.
Are you ready to discover your college program?
- University of Delaware notable alumni include signers of the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence, a U.S. vice president, and a Nobel Prize winner.
- Veteran-specific resources and financial assistance.
- High school upperclassmen can earn college credit through a summer college program.
- University of Delware football - the Fightin' Blue Hens - competes in the NCAA Division I FCS.
The University of Delaware confers more than 5,000 degrees annually, and boasts one of the top graduate physical therapy programs in the country. Online students complete coursework through a blend of video lectures, case studies, assignments, and virtual resources. The university also prioritizes study abroad opportunities; in fact, the school offered the first study abroad program in 1923, and currently more than 30% of students participate in these opportunities every year. The institution also has a history of groundbreaking research, with over 130 patents developed based on the school's expertise.
University of Delaware Tuition, Accreditation, and Admissions Info
- In-state undergraduate students: $510 per credit
- Out-of-state undergraduate students: $1,370 per credit
- Online part-time undergraduate students: $604 per credit
- In-state and out-of-state graduate students:$1,827
- Programs may offer tuition breaks bring costs as low as $650 per credit for graduate programs.
Accreditation and Approvals
The University of Delaware is regionally accredited by the Middles States Commission on Higher Education. Additional accreditations are granted by the Commision on English Language Program Accreditation, the Commission on the Accreditation for Dietetics Education, and the Association of Small Business Development Centers.
University of Delaware acceptance rate for undergraduate students is 63%. Undergraduate applicants must submit an application, an essay, and pay a $75 fee. The school also requires official ACT/SAT scores, high school transcripts, and recommendation letters. Certain programs in the university may have additional entrance requirements; for instance, music majors complete an audition, while apparel design candidates provide a portfolio.
Prospective graduate students pay a fee and submit transcripts, GRE scores, resumes, recommendation letters, and personal statements. Individual programs may require additional requirements, so learners should consult their departments for guidance.
- Total Enrollment: 24,120
- Date founded: 1743
- #23 on the U.S. News and World Report's list of best public universities.
- Projected financial aid for 2019 exceeds $17 million.
- Accreditation: Middles States Commission on Higher Education
- Required Standardized Test(s): SAT/ACT for undergraduates; GRE for graduate students
- Public/Private: Public
- Athletics: NCAA Division I; Colonial Athletic Association
- Mascot: Blue hen
- Colors: Blue and gold
- Address: University of Delaware, Newark, DE 19716
- Phone Number: 844-237-1338
- Social Media: Facebook; LinkedIn; YouTube; Twitter; Pinterest; Instagram
University of Delaware Online Degrees Offered
- Two online undergraduate programs: the associate of arts and the bachelor of science in nursing (RN-BSN program).
- Graduate students may pursue the doctor of nursing practice or one of 11 master's opportunities in fields such as applied statistics, cybersecurity, international business, public administration, and business administration.
- Learners can also choose from three master's degrees in education, such as the master's of education in literacy.
Popular with our students.
Highly informative resources to keep your education journey on track.
Take the next step toward your future with online learning.
Discover schools with the programs and courses you’re interested in, and start learning today.