University of the Cumberlands Online
thebestschools.org is an advertising-supported site. Featured or trusted partner programs and all school search, finder, or match results are for schools that compensate us. This compensation does not influence our school rankings, resource guides, or other editorially-independent information published on this site.
Are you ready to discover your college program?
- Due to its promotion of higher education in an underserved area, the University of the Cumberlands received financial support from individuals including John D. Rockefeller and Andrew Carnegie.
- UC notable alumni include governors of Kentucky, U.S. representatives, and nationwide university faculty, including Betty L. Siegel of Kennesaw State, who is one of the longest serving female university presidents in U.S. history.
- With no state resident requirements, all students at UC enjoy an affordable tuition rate.
Online programs at UC emerged in 2005-2006 with the approval of an online master of arts in education and master of arts in teaching. Currently, UC offers more than fifty associate, bachelor's, graduate, and postgraduate degrees in an online format, utilizing both asynchronous and synchronous learning methods. University of the Cumberlands iLearn portal gives students access to everything from online courses and resources, messages from advisors and faculty, and student email. From its founding in 1889, UC maintained a long standing affiliation with the Kentucky Baptist Convention until late 2018. The decision to break this affiliation allows alumni of other religious denominations to serve on the university's governing board, providing a more diverse administration.
University of the Cumberlands Tuition, Accreditation, and Admissions Info
- On-campus undergraduate: $9,875 (includes fees)
- Online undergraduate: $199 per credit hour; $50 technology fee per term
- Online graduate: Tuition varies by program. $315-$500 per credit hour; $50 technology fee per term
- Online postgraduate: Tuition varies by program; $500-$700 per credit hour; $50 technology fee per term.
Accreditation and Approvals
The University of the Cumberlands is regionally accredited by the Commission of Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. Several degrees boast programmatic accreditation as well, including all education programs, the RN-to-BSN program, and the MSN-FNP program.
Application requirements at UC vary depending on the program selected, student status, and whether an individual plans to take courses online or on campus. All students submit an online application and pay a small fee.
Online undergraduate applicants must submit official transcripts, either high school or college, as applicable. Students younger than 22 or those who possess less than 12 hours of college credit must also submit ACT scores. Requirements of online graduate and postgraduate applications vary according to the program selected. The competitive process considers a variety of factors during admissions evaluation including GPA, GRE scores, work experience, and letters of recommendation.
- Founded: 1889
- Undergraduate online student population: 856
- Student-to-faculty ratio: 17-to-1
- Approximately 59% of all incoming UC students receive some form of financial aid.
- Accreditation: Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- Full-Time Freshman Retention Rate: 66%
- Required Standardized Test(s): ACT, SAT, GRE, TOEFL
- Public/Private: Private nonprofit
- Acceptance Rate: 74%
- Graduation Rate: 43%
- Athletics: NAIA Division I
- Mascot: Patriots
- Colors: Red, white, and blue
- Address: 6178 College Station Drive, Williamsburg, KY 40769
- Phone Number: 1-877-713-8767
- Social Media: Facebook, Twitter
UC Online Degrees Offered
- 10 online associate degrees
- 16 online bachelor's degrees
- 22 online master's programs
- 11 online doctorate degrees
Popular with our students.
Highly informative resources to keep your education journey on track.
Take the next step toward your future with online learning.
Discover schools with the programs and courses you’re interested in, and start learning today.