- Dual degree opportunities.
- Urban campus in the heart of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, but with various study abroad options.
- Temple University notable alumni include Bill Cosby, Bob Sagat, and Kunal Nayyar.
- Temple University Hospital is the clinical training location for the the School of Medicine.
Based in the heart of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Temple University features a diverse student body that has more than 300 clubs and organizations, including France troupes, a marching band, and even breakdancing. The urban campus hosts 13,000 students, while a 187-acre arboretum campus in Ambler serves as a living laboratory. The Center City campus is Temple's location for adult and continuing education in downtown Philadelphia, and students at the Harrisburg campus have the opportunity to immerse themselves in politics in Pennsylvania's capital. Many of Temple's health-related clinics, labs, and professional programs are at the 20-acre hub north of its main campus. Temple also features an Italy and Japan campus.
Temple University Tuition, Accreditation, and Admissions Info
- In-state Undergraduate: $15,188
- Out-of-State Undergraduate: $25,494
- In-state Graduate: $916 per credit hour
- Out-of-state Graduate: $1,261 per credit hour
Accreditation and Approvals
Temple University is regionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
Temple University acceptance rate for undergraduate students is 57%. Undergraduate applicants must hold a 3.0 minimum GPA and feature a well-rounded academic background. Applicants must hold units of study in English, college preparatory math, foreign language, history, science, arts, and other college prep courses. Additionally, applicants must submit their ACT or SAT scores, complete an application and an application essay, outline extracurricular activities, and submit an optional letter of recommendation.
Graduate applicants must adhere to different specific application requirements depending on their area of study. Each program at Temple boasts its own unique set of requirements, though all students must complete an application and provide undergraduate transcripts from an accredited institution.
- Total Enrollment: 40,240
- Student-to-faculty Ratio: 14:1
- Date Founded: 1884
- Accreditation: Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- Full-Time Freshman Retention Rate: 90%
- Public/Private: Public research university
- Acceptance Rate: 56%
- Graduation Rate: 69%
- Address: 325 N Wells St, Chicago, IL 60654
- Phone Number: (312) 329-6600
- Social Media: Facebook; Twitter
Temple University Online Degrees Offered
- One online bachelor's program
- 13 online master's programs
- One online doctoral program