Strayer University Online
| TBS Staff
Are you ready to discover your college program?
- Through videos, readings, and discussion boards, Strayer University's "documentary-style" online courses utilize storytelling to engage student attention and encourage material retention.
- Online students are welcome to visit any of Strayer University's 70+ campuses to access personal advising, visit with faculty, network with peers, or study in a quiet environment.
- Strayer University offers several programs to help lower the cost of undergraduate tuition, including a legacy scholarship, graduation fund, and law enforcement tuition assistance program.
Strayer's Business College was founded in 1892. It gained university status in 1998. Today, Strayer University operates as a private institution owned by the holding company Strategic Education, Inc., specializing in degree programs for working professionals.
Approximately 45,000 students enroll in certificate, associate, bachelor's, and master's degree programs both online and at more than 70 campuses across the United States. Strayer University students may pursue their degrees entirely online, in an asynchronous format, or with supplemental classroom courses, typically scheduled in the evening or on weekends. From enrollment to graduation, every student receives personalized support from admissions officers, student services coaches, and faculty.
Strayer University Accreditation, Tuition, and Admission Info
Accreditation and Approvals
Strayer University is regionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. All 13 of Strayer University's business programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs. Other programs hold accreditation or recognition from agencies including the Society for Human Resource Management, the NSA's Committee on National Security Systems, and the Teacher Education Accreditation Council.
- Undergraduate Online: $1,465 per course
- Graduate Online (varies by program): $1,655-$4,000 per course
Strayer University offers an open admissions policy with only a few simple requirements for incoming students. Each prospective undergraduate student must provide documentation of high school graduation or its equivalent and a copy of a current, valid government-issued photo ID.
A prospective graduate student must provide proof of completion of an accredited bachelor's degree with a cumulative 2.5 GPA, official transcripts from all previous institutions, and a copy of a current, valid, government-issued photo ID.
Strayer University charges no application fee. Admissions officers are available via phone and live chat to help degree seekers complete the application process, examine financial aid opportunities, and answer other questions.
- Online Student Population: 45,000
- Online Student-to-Faculty Ratio: 30-35:1 (varies by course)
- On-Campus Student-to-Faculty Ratio: 20-25:1 (varies by course)
- Date Founded: 1892
- Accreditation: Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- Full-Time Freshman Retention Rate: 55.6%
- Public/Private: Private, for-profit
- Graduation Rate: 27%
- Address: 45150 Russell Branch Pkwy Suite 100, Ashburn, VA
- Phone Number: (877) 445-7180
- Social Media: Facebook; Twitter; Instagram
Online Degrees Offered
- Strayer University offers seven online certificates, six online associate degrees, six online bachelor's degrees, and 11 online master's degrees
- The School of Business offers the largest number of programs: seven certificates, three associates, two bachelor's, and six master's degrees
- The School of Information Technology offers two associates, two bachelor's, and two master's degrees
- Additional online degrees are available in accounting, criminal justice, education, health services administration, and information technology
Popular with our students.
Highly informative resources to keep your education journey on track.
Take the next step toward your future with online learning.
Discover schools with the programs and courses you’re interested in, and start learning today.