- Stevens Institute of Technology notable alumni include Francis Ford Coppola and Peter Cooper Hewitt.
- Located in Hoboken, New Jersey, a robust college town.
- 55-acre hilltop campus.
- Stevens Institute of Technology athletics competes at the NCAA Division III level.
With more than 7,000 students and 300 faculty members, the Stevens Institute of Technology is situated on a green hilltop campus across the river from New York City. Students create new products in interdisciplinary teams to derive innovative solutions to real-world problems. The school places an emphasis on collaboration, and encourages students to work together to think critically and conduct in-depth research. Stevens blends technological education with applied learning opportunities to prepare graduates for successful careers. Students participate in entrepreneurship coursework during their first year, and learn important business practices to carry with them throughout their post-graduate careers. Students also enjoy several online program opportunities at Stevens, allowing them to earn a degree through a flexible format.
Stevens Institute of Technology Tuition, Accreditation, and Admissions Info
- Undergraduates: $69,888
- Graduates: $56,230
Accreditation and Approvals
The Stevens Institute of Technology is regionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
Stevens Institute of Technology acceptance rate for undergraduate students is 44%. Undergraduate applicants to Stevens can apply using the Common Application. Additional materials must include transcripts, letters of recommendation, SAT or ACT scores, and a personal statement. While not required, students should also complete an admissions interview. Transfer students must submit each of these materials, along with college transcripts from all previous college coursework. International students should demonstrate English proficiency.
Graduate applications vary by program, but all students must submit an online application, an application fee, and official transcripts from all undergraduate coursework. Some programs may require GRE or GMAT scores; others may request a resume or personal statement.
- Student-to-Faculty Ratio: 10:1
- Percentage of First-year Students Receiving Scholarships or Financial Aid: 97%
- Date Founded: 1870
- Accreditation: Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- Full-Time Freshman Retention Rate: 72%
- Required Standardized Test(s): ACT or SAT for undergraduates
- Public/Private: Private, coeducational research university
- Acceptance Rate: 43.6%
- Graduation Rate: 82.1%
- Athletics: NCAA Division III
- Mascot: Duck
- Colors: Gray and Stevens red
- Address: 1 Castle Point Terrace, Hoboken, NJ 07030
- Phone Number: (201) 216-5000
- Social Media: Facebook; Twitter; Instagram
Online Degrees Offered
- The Charles V. Schaefer, Jr. School of Engineering and Science at the Stevens Institute of Technology offers six online master's programs.
- The School of Business offers seven online master's programs and the School of Systems and Enterprises offers five online master's programs.