South Texas College Online
thebestschools.org is an advertising-supported site. Featured or trusted partner programs and all school search, finder, or match results are for schools that compensate us. This compensation does not influence our school rankings, resource guides, or other editorially-independent information published on this site.
Are you ready to discover your college program?
- Largest higher education institution south of San Antonio.
- Nearly 70% of students are the first in their family to enroll in college.
- Five campus locations.
Founded in 1993, South Texas College features five campuses across Texas, including three in McAllen, one in Rio Grande City, and one in Weslaco. South Texas also features workforce training centers and higher education centers throughout the state. The college offers some of the lowest tuition rates in the entire country. The South Texas College Blackboard platform allows the school to offer fully-online programs and give students a flexible educational format. Students can pursue programs in a variety of disciplines including business administration, anthropology, psychology, and communication studies.
South Texas College Admissions, Accreditation, and Tuition Info
Applicants to South Texas College must complete an admissions application, provide their high school or college transcripts, and submit ACT or SAT test scores. The college accepts applicants with GEDs if they provide their proof of completion. Transfer applicants must send in all of their transcripts obtained from a regionally accredited institution to be considered for admission.
Accreditation and Approvals
South Texas College is regionally accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges.
- In-district Tuition for 21 Credit Hours: $1,470.00
- Out-of-district Tuition for 21 Credit Hours: $1,680.00
- Non-resident Tuition for 21 Credit Hours: $4,200.00
- Student-to-faculty ratio is 26:1.
- Nearly 75% of of students receiving scholarships or financial aid.
- Founded in 1993.
- Accreditation: Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges
- Full-Time Freshman Retention Rate: 72%
- Public/Private: Public community college
- Acceptance Rate: 100%
- Graduation Rate: 30.3%
- Athletics: NCAA Division I
- Mascot: Jaguars
- Colors: Green and violet
- Address: 3201 West Pecan Blvd, McAllen, TX 78501
- Phone Number: (800) 742-7822
- Social Media: Facebook; Twitter; Instagram
South Texas College Online Degrees Offered
- 20 online associate programs
- Four online bachelor's programs
Popular with our students.
Highly informative resources to keep your education journey on track.
Take the next step toward your future with online learning.
Discover schools with the programs and courses you’re interested in, and start learning today.