Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota Online
Updated July 14, 2021 • 1 min read
thebestschools.org is an advertising-supported site. Featured or trusted partner programs and all school search, finder, or match results are for schools that compensate us. This compensation does not influence our school rankings, resource guides, or other editorially-independent information published on this site.
Are you ready to discover your college program?
- Saint Mary's University of Minnesota is a Roman Catholic institution in the Lasallian heritage.
- The student-to-faculty ratio is 13:1.
- Alumni average $50,700 in their first year post-graduation.
St. Mary’s began in 1912 as a school for men and became a four-year school by 1925. The school became fully co-educational by 1969, and added graduate and professional degrees in 1995. Today, the university offers undergraduate and graduate degrees, as well as numerous certificates to advance careers. Online offerings include several high-demand master’s degrees in fields like cybersecurity and business administration.
SMUMN’s Accreditation, Tuition, & Admissions Info
Accreditation and Approvals
SMUMN is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Many of the school’s programs hold specialized accreditation, including the following:
- Bachelor’s in nursing: Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Master’s in project management: Project Management Institute Global Accreditation Center for Project Management
- Master’s in health and human services administration: Minnesota Board of Examiners for Nursing Home Administrators
- Education programs: Minnesota Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board
- Undergraduate Nursing Online: $475 per credit hour
- Graduate Tuition Online: $530-$800 per credit hour
- 99% of undergraduates receive some form of financial aid.
Online graduate applicants should hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university and a GPA of 2.75 or greater. Applicants should send completed forms, a $25 application fee, official transcripts, personal statements, letters of recommendation, and a resume. Applicants to the RN-to-BSN program must send the same documents and hold an RN license.
- Bishop Patrick R. Heffron founded the university in 1912.
- The school has produced more than 42,000 successful alumni.
- This small private school currently educates 1,503 learners.
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission
- Full-Time Freshman Retention Rate: 70%
- Required Standardized Tests: None
- Public/Private: Private, nonprofit
- Acceptance Rate: 77.6%
- Graduation Rate: 64.6%
- Athletics: NCAA Division III, Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
- Mascot: Cardinals
- Colors: Red, white, and navy
- Address: 700 Terrace Heights, Winona, MN 55987
- Phone Number: (507) 452-4430
- Social Media: Facebook; Twitter; Instagram
Online Degrees Offered
- One bachelor’s degree option online
- 13 graduate options online
The master’s degrees cover topics such as:
- Health and human services management
- Education leadership
- Public health
- Special education
Popular with our students.
Highly informative resources to keep your education journey on track.
Take the next step toward your future with online learning.
Discover schools with the programs and courses you’re interested in, and start learning today.