- Awards credit for life experiences
- Offers credit for military training
- Alumni network of more than 66,000
- Offers bachelor-completion programs
Saint Joseph’s University (SJU), a private, co-educational Roman Catholic Jesuit university founded in 1851, is among the oldest Jesuit universities in the nation. A member of the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities, SJU offers more than 100 undergraduate and graduate degree programs as well as a doctorate in Educational Leadership. Through its online offerings, students can receive the same rigorous education with an emphasis on communication and critical-thinking skills without coming to the Pennsylvania campus. Online students can pursue a handful of bachelor-completion programs as well as a number of master’s degrees and certificates.
Saint Joseph’s University Online Degrees
Saint Joseph’s University Accreditation, Approvals, Tuition & Admissions Info
Accreditation and Approvals
Saint Joseph’s University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
- Undergraduate tuition — $ 585
- Graduate tuition — $765 to $1,023
Admissions and Transfer Info
Saint Joseph’s University’s admission prerequisites and application requirements vary by program.
Undergraduate applicants must submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities they’ve attended.
If they earned a cumulative GPA of 2.0 to 2.74, applicants also must submit a personal statement/letter of intent, a resume and a letter of recommendation.
International applicants must submit proof of English proficiency, official high school or secondary school transcripts, official SAT or ACT scores, a letter of recommendation, and an essay or personal statement.
Graduate applicants must submit official transcripts from all the colleges and universities they’ve attended, two letters of recommendation. Some programs also require a personal statement/letter of intent and GMAT, GRE or MAT scores.
- Accreditation: Regional (Middle States Commission on Higher Education)
- Region: Northeast
- Retention Rate: 91%
- Requires SAT or ACT: Neither
- Public/Private: Private Nonprofit
- Acceptance Rate: 78%
- Graduation Rate: 80%
- Cost Per Credit (In-State/Out-of-State): Undergrad: $585/ $585
Grad: $765 to $1,023/ $765 to $1,023
- Address: 5600 City Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19131 USA
- Student population: About 8,400
- Student-to-faculty ratio: 12 to 1
- Percentage receiving grant or scholarship aid: 97%
Saint Joseph’s University Featured in TBS Rankings
- Ranked among The 100 Best Online Colleges for 2018
- Ranked among The Best Online Colleges in Pennsylvania
Online Degrees at Saint Joseph’s University
Liberal Arts & Humanities
Bachelor Completion Programs
Business & Management
Bachelor Completion Programs
ABA in Business Administration
BBA in Business Administration
Organizational Development & Leadership Ranked #5
Strategic Human Resource Management
Business Intelligence & Analysis
Criminal Justice & Legal
Criminal Justice – Behavioral Analysis
Homeland Security Ranked #12
Nursing & Healthcare
Health Administration Ranked #7
Pharmaceutical & Healthcare Marketing
Education & Teaching
Accelerated Teaching Certification
Deaf & Hard of Hearing Certification
Instructional Technology Specialists Certification
Wilson Reading System Certification
Autism Studies Certifications
English as a Second Language
Special Education Certification