- Offers some competency-based learning
- Awards credit for life experiences
- Awards credit for military training
- Offers rolling admissions for most programs
Robert Morris University (RMU), a private, co-educational university founded in 1921, enrolls about 5,000 students across five academic schools. Located in a suburb of Pittsburgh, PA, RMU allows students to pursue more than 80 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs. RMU touts its student-focused programs with online students receiving the same attention from the same professors as their on-campus counterparts. RMU Online features an applied curriculum with a professional focus and flexibility. The student-focus extends beyond the classroom as well; online students receive a dedicated student counselor and a career adviser.
- Ranked #3 among The Best Online Colleges in Pennsylvania
- Ranked #25 among The Best Online Colleges in the U.S.
- Ranked among The Best Hospitality & Tourism Degrees and 25 Notable Online Programs
Robert Morris University Online Degrees
Robert Morris University Accreditation, Approvals, Tuition & Admissions Info
Robert Morris University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
Many of its programs also hold accreditations, including those from AACSB International, the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, and the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation, among others.
Undergraduate tuition — $745
Graduate tuition — $580 to $955
Admissions and Transfer Info
Robert Morris University’s admission prerequisites and application requirements vary by program.
RMU offers rolling admissions for most of its programs; some master’s and doctoral programs have deadlines.
Applicants must submit official transcripts from all schools attended and two letters of recommendation.
Undergraduate applicants must submit ACT or SAT scores. Depending on the graduate program, GMAT, GRE or MAT scores may be required.
Some programs also require an interview.
International students must submit a statement of financial support, proof of health insurance, transcripts and official TOEFL scores.
Transfer students must submit official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended and have earned at least a 2.0 GPA. Those with fewer than 30 college credits also must submit their official high school transcript or GED.
- Accreditation: Regional (Middle States Commission on Higher Education)
- Region: Northeast
- Retention Rate: 80%
- Requires SAT or ACT: SAT or ACT
- Public/Private: Private Nonprofit
- Acceptance Rate: 80%
- Graduation Rate: 61%
- Cost Per Credit (In-State/Out-of-State): Undergrad: $745 / $745
Grad: $580 to $955
- Address: 6001 University Blvd., Moon Township, PA 15108 USA
- Student population: About 5,200
- Student-to-faculty ratio: 15 to 1
- Percentage receiving grant or scholarship aid: 97%
Online Degrees at Robert Morris University
Business & Management
Leadership and Ethics
Hospitality/Tourism Management – Ranked #18
Professional Certificate Enterprise Systems
Group Dynamics/Conflict Resolution
Leadership and Change
Computers & Technology
Cyber Forensics/Information Security
Mobile Forensics and Security
Cyber Forensics Info Security – Ranked #6
Cyber Security and Information Assurance
Internet Information Systems
Information Security and Assurance – Ranked #23
Criminal Justice & Legal
Ethics and Legal Studies
Nursing & Healthcare
Health Services Administration – Ranked #8
Health Services Administration
MSN To DNP
Psychology & Counseling
Psychology – Ranked #15
Education & Teaching
English As A Second Language