Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute’s Education for Working Professionals
thebestschools.org is an advertising-supported site. Featured or trusted partner programs and all school search, finder, or match results are for schools that compensate us. This compensation does not influence our school rankings, resource guides, or other editorially-independent information published on this site.
Are you ready to discover your college program?
- Faculty mentor students through project–based coursework applicable to one’s role at work.
- Well–regarded Masters Degrees in Mechanical and Systems Engineering.
- Unique, nine–credit Certificates can be combined to complete Master of Science in Engineering Science degree.
- Extensive alumni network throughout Fortune 500.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute’s Education for Working Professionals fills the skills and abilities gap for rising corporate stars and their employers. The graduate certificates cover experience with high–demand, mission–critical areas such as Analytics, Lean Quality in Production, Machine Learning & AI and – uniquely – can be stacked to form a master degree. Along with the Masters of Engineering degrees in Mechanical Engineering and Systems Engineering, all courses are taught online by industry experts who mentor students as they complete course work that positively influences one’s role at work.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Education for Working Professionals’ Accreditation, Tuition & Admissions Info
Accreditation and Approvals
Rensselaer is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, by the Office of Financial and Academic Affairs for Higher Education of the State of Connecticut, and by a number of professional and academic societies.
- Graduate Certificate Programs: $16,200
- Graduate Degrees: $54,000
Admission consideration to all Education for Working Professionals graduate certificate and degree programs is considered upon completion of an online application. The program’s fit with the applicant’s current role at work and/or career aspirations is considered, along with prior academic records, professional references, and personal statement noting interest in program of choice.
A bachelor’s degree or the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree is required prior to enrollment. The Master of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering (only) requires previous degree in mechanical engineering. Rensselaer admits qualified students without regard to gender, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, or disability.
- Student Population: 990
- Student-to-faculty ratio: 12:1
- Percentage receiving tuition assistance: 98%
- Founded: Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (1819), Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute at Hartford (1955)
- Accreditation: Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- Required Standardized Test(s): GRE welcome
- Public/Private: Private Nonprofit
- Acceptance Rate: TBD%
- Graduation Rate: TBD%
- Mascots: Red Hawks and Puckman
- Colors: Cherry and White
- Address: 275 Windsor Street, Hartford, CT 06120
- Phone Number: 860.548.2403
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute featured on TBS
Popular with our students.
Highly informative resources to keep your education journey on track.
Take the next step toward your future with online learning.
Discover schools with the programs and courses you’re interested in, and start learning today.