Rasmussen College Online
| TBS Staff
Are you ready to discover your college program?
- This college has competency-based education options which maximize credits earned for job experience, life experience, and prior learning.
- Rasmussen maintains 23 campuses located in Florida, Illinois, Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, and Wisconsin.
- Current and retired military personnel, along with their spouses and dependents, can receive a 10% tuition discount for part-time and full-time enrollment.
- Rasmussen College virtual career fairs connect students to networking opportunities; live events; career experts; and local, regional, and national employers.
Founded in 1900 as the Rasmussen Practical School of Business, this private higher education institution works to develop skilled professionals who can meet the diverse needs of local business communities. Rasmussen College offers certificates, associate degrees, bachelor's degrees, and master's degrees. The college enrolls more than 15,000 students, with study options available in fully online formats and at 23 brick-and-mortar campuses across six states.
Online students at Rasmussen College can access all the benefits of traditional on-campus learning with the flexibility of asynchronous learning, virtual labs, real-world projects, and live interactive sessions with peers and faculty.
Rasmussen College Accreditation, Tuition, and Admission Info
Accreditation and Approvals
Rasmussen College is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Various Rasmussen College programs hold specialized accreditation from the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools, the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education, the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education, the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology, and the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences.
- Undergraduate Online (varies by program): $229-$260 per credit
- Graduate Online (varies by program): $360 per credit
- RN-to-BSN Program: $4,250 per term
Rasmussen College offers an open admission policy at all campus locations and online, accepting most applicants who possess either a high school diploma or GED. A prospective student can complete the free online application in about ten minutes.
Working closely with a Rasmussen College program manager, each applicant can receive enrollment documents, complete a background check (if necessary), submit previous college transcripts, and review costs and financial aid options. Some students may need to take entrance placement exams.
A nursing applicant must submit a qualifying TEAS score, proof of required immunizations, and CPR certification.
- Student-to-Faculty Ratio: 16:1
- Percentage of Students Receiving Scholarships or Financial Aid: 89%
- Date Founded: 1900
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission
- Full-Time Freshman Retention Rate: 51%
- Public/Private: Private, for-profit
- Graduation Rate: 35%
- Mascot: Moose
- Colors: Green and gold
- Phone Number: (888) 549-6755
- Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
Online Degrees Offered
- Rasmussen College University offers four online certificates, 14 online associate degrees, 18 online bachelor's degrees, and four online master's degrees.
- Disciplines with the largest online representation include technology, business, and health sciences, with nine, eight, and seven online programs, respectively.
Popular with our students.
Highly informative resources to keep your education journey on track.
Take the next step toward your future with online learning.
Discover schools with the programs and courses you’re interested in, and start learning today.