Pima Medical Institute – Pima Online
| TBS Staff
Are you ready to discover your college program?
- Private, for-profit trade school offering programs that train graduates to become allied healthcare professionals.
- Fifteen campuses throughout the western portion of the United States.
- Community college-style open enrollment, as PMI accepts all applicants with a high school diploma or a GED.
Founded in Tucson, Arizona in 1972 by Richard Luebke, PMI originally opened its doors to fill a need that Luebke saw in the local community: career-focused, professional health education. PMI has expanded greatly since its inception and now spans 15 campuses in cities throughout the western portion of the nation, including Las Vegas, Phoenix, and Albuquerque. Many Pima Medical Institute programs have also been offered online since 2006.
Pima Medical Institute's Accreditation, Tuition, and Admissions Info
Accreditation and Approvals
Pima Medical Institute is nationally accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
- Varies by program and campus
- Associate in radiography: $40,869-$44,087
- Associate in veterinary technician: $17,699-$32,072
- Bachelor of science in physical therapy assistant (online): $21,329
PMI focuses exclusively on certificate, associate, and bachelor's programs. As such, PMI can offer more uniform admissions requirements than larger schools.
As a career-focused college, PMI does not list any admissions requirements beyond a high school diploma or a GED. Students who are younger than 18 years old must get written permission from a parent or guardian to attend courses at PMI. PMI does not require ACT scores, but applicants may submit them.
- Student-to-Faculty Ratio: 25-to-1
- Total Student Population: 945
- Date Founded: 1972
- Accreditation: Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools
- Full-Time Freshman Retention Rate: 44%
- Public/Private: Private, for-profit
- Acceptance Rate: 100%
- Graduation Rate: 73%
- Colors: Navy and white
- Address: 2121 N Craycroft Road Building 1, Tucson, Arizona 85712
- Phone Number: (855) 385-7462
- Social Media: Facebook; Twitter; Instagram
Online Degrees Offered
Pima Medical Institute online programs include:
- Two online associate degrees
- Five online bachelor's degrees
Popular with our students.
Highly informative resources to keep your education journey on track.
Take the next step toward your future with online learning.
Discover schools with the programs and courses you’re interested in, and start learning today.