- Tuition rates did not increase for the 2018-19 school year.
- All students pay the same tuition rates, regardless of residency.
- College credit may be granted for previous work experience through competency-based education.
- The school maintains a dedicated military support team and financial aid programs for eligible students.
Established in 1865 as Union Business College, Peirce College has prioritized a flexible education for working adults since its beginning. The school continued this legacy by offering its first online program in 2000. Peirce's online college gives motivated learners opportunities to gain job skills while they work and care for their families. Courses follow an asynchronous format. Candidates can earn associate, bachelor’s, or master’s degrees through Peirce. Online learners also receive many of the same benefits as their on-campus counterparts, including tutoring and academic workshops.
Peirce offers competency-based credit, as well as Peirce Fit -- a unique program through which learners can choose week-to-week whether they want to attend classes in person or online.
Peirce’s Accreditation, Tuition, & Admissions Info
Accreditation and Approvals
Peirce College is regionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. Certain programs also hold specialized accreditation, such as the following:
- The Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Program: bachelor’s degree in business administration and accounting
- Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education: associate in health information technology and bachelor’s in health information administration
- Society for Human Resource Management: bachelor’s in human resource management
- Undergraduate: $600 per credit hour
- Graduate: $772 per credit hour
- Undergraduate Competency-Based Credit: $2,700 per term
Prospective undergraduates submit an online application and pay a $50 fee. An admissions representative then contacts applicants to guide them through the remainder of the admissions process.
Graduate program applicants must have an undergraduate degree from an accredited school and a GPA of at least 2.75. Candidates should submit resumes, letters of recommendation, and statements of intent. Applicants for the master’s in healthcare administration must also hold either an undergraduate degree in healthcare or three years of experience in the field.
- Peirce opened in 1865 as Union Business College.
- The school was one of the first colleges in the country to accept women.
- The student-to-faculty ratio is 14-to-1.
- Accreditation: Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- Full-Time Freshman Retention Rate: 100%
- Required Standardized Test: None
- Public/Private: Private, nonprofit
- Acceptance Rate: 100% of students who meet the basic qualifications
- Graduation Rate: 36.9%
- Address: 1420 Pine St, Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Phone Number: (215) 545-6400
- Social Media: Facebook; Twitter; Instagram
Online Degrees Offered
- Peirce offers 11 online undergraduate degrees.
- Learners can select majors like accounting, information technology, and organizational leadership.
- The school also provides two online graduate degrees: one in organizational leadership and management and the other in healthcare administration.
- Students can enroll in two certificate programs: paralegal studies or medical coding.