Our Lady of the Lake University Online
thebestschools.org is an advertising-supported site. Featured or trusted partner programs and all school search, finder, or match results are for schools that compensate us. This compensation does not influence our school rankings, resource guides, or other editorially-independent information published on this site.
Are you ready to discover your college program?
- OLLU online students may choose from online master’s and doctoral programs.
- The school is affiliated with the Catholic Church.
- In-state and out-of-state learners pay the same tuition rate.
- Our Lady of the Lake University acceptance rate for undergraduate students is 91%
Founded in 1895 by the Sisters of Divine Providence, OLLU hosts over 3,000 students pursuing bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees across three campuses and online. Expert faculty teach courses, and the community embodies its Catholic heritage through a commitment to students’ personal, professional, and academic growth. The school offers flexible coursework in evening and weekend formats to accommodate working adults. Currently, only graduate programs are available in fully online formats; however, an online bachelor of social work program will launch soon.
Our Lady of the Lake University Tuition, Accreditation, & Admissions Info
- Online Graduate Tuition: $907 per credit hour
- Application Fee: $40
- Military scholarships are available
Accreditation and Approvals
OLLU is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
Online graduate applicants must provide proof of an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited university. Students should have a GPA of 2.5-3.0 or above; however, exact requirements vary by degree.
Each graduate program may hold applicants to additional standards. Some candidates must provide MAT, GMAT, or GRE scores, while others require resumes or specific types of undergraduate degrees to qualify.
- Construction on the original OLLU campus commenced in 1895.
- OLLU’s school of social work is the oldest of its kind in Texas.
- Almost 90% of undergraduate students receive some form of financial aid.
- Accreditation: Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Full-Time Freshman Retention Rate: 61%
- Required Standardized Tests: GRE, GMAT, or MAT for specific applicants
- Public/Private: Private, nonprofit
- Acceptance Rate: 68.1%
- Graduation Rate: 38%
- Athletics: NAIA, Red River Athletic Conference
- Mascot: Saints
- Colors: White and blue
- Address: 411 SW 24th St, San Antonio, TX 78207
- Phone Number: (210) 434-6711
- Social Media: Facebook; Twitter; Instagram
Online Degrees Offered
Distance education at OLLU is currently only available for graduate programs; an online bachelor of social work will launch soon.
- The university provides five master’s degrees and one doctorate online.
- Master’s degree options include an MBA, information systems, counseling, nonprofit management, and social work. Learners in the online MBA program can also choose between two concentrations: management and healthcare management. Counseling students can choose from concentrations in clinical mental health, clinical rehabilitation, and school counseling.
- The school offers an online doctorate in social work.
Popular with our students.
Highly informative resources to keep your education journey on track.
Take the next step toward your future with online learning.
Discover schools with the programs and courses you’re interested in, and start learning today.