- OCU is a private Christian university.
- The student body includes 4,000 students, including 500 residential undergraduates.
- Military members receive steep discounts on tuition.
This Christian university provides a Christ-centered education with affordable tuition and practical learning. While OCU hosts undergraduates on campus, the majority of students attend graduate, weekend, or online classes. Nontraditional students receive a flexible education that accommodates those with busy professional or personal lives. Online learners can select from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees. Those who do not want to earn additional degrees can opt for certificates to quickly boost their careers and earnings. The school is a member of the Association of Biblical Higher Education and the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities.
OCU’s Accreditation, Tuition, & Admissions Info
Accreditation and Approvals
OCU is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. The education programs hold accreditation from the Teacher Education Accreditation Council, and the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education approves the bachelor’s nursing program.
- Associate: $380 per credit hour
- Bachelor’s and RN-to-BSN: $416 per credit hour
- MA and MBA, Except in Ministry: $530 per credit hour
- Ministry MA: $338 per credit hour
- Military Tuition for Every Level: $250 per credit hour
Applicants for associate degrees must submit proof of high school diplomas or GEDs. Those who want to complete bachelor’s programs must complete 50 semester hours, earn a 2.0 GPA or higher, and submit official transcripts. Students who apply for the RN-to-BSN program must also have unencumbered nursing licenses.
Graduate applicants need to hold bachelor’s degrees. Those who apply to the graduate business program must have a 3.0 GPA or above from their undergraduate degree. Candidates for the master’s in ministry degree also must complete a statement of faith.
Associate-level certificate applicants need 12 credit hours and one year of work experience. Those who want to enroll in bachelor’s-level certificates should have 24 credit hours and two years of experience.
- OCU opened in 1948.
- The university boasts a student-to-faculty ratio of 10-to-1.
- 94% of the full-time learners earn financial aid.
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission
- Full-Time Freshman Retention Rate: 62%
- Required Standardized Tests: None
- Public/Private: Private, nonprofit
- Acceptance Rate: 65.4%
- Graduation Rate: 31.2%
- Athletics: NAIA, River States Conference
- Mascot: Trailblazers
- Colors: Blue and silver
- Address: 1476 Lancaster Pike, Circleville, OH 43113
- Phone Number: (877) 762-8669
- Social Media: Facebook; Twitter
Online Degrees Offered
- Four associate of arts
- One associate of science
- 12 bachelor of arts
- Two bachelor of science
- One bachelor of nursing
- Five master’s degrees
- Four associate-level certificates
- Six bachelor’s-level certificates online.
Majors for online programs include subjects such as the Old Testament, business management, ministry, criminal justice, English, political science, and leadership.