Norwich University Online | TheBestSchools
Updated August 26, 2022 • 1 min read
thebestschools.org is an advertising-supported site. Featured or trusted partner programs and all school search, finder, or match results are for schools that compensate us. This compensation does not influence our school rankings, resource guides, or other editorially-independent information published on this site.
Are you ready to discover your college program?
- Norwich is a historic military institution.
- The school has offered distance education since 1998.
- Learners pay the same tuition rates no matter where they live.
- Active duty military students receive tuition discounts.
Norwich was established in 1819, and over the last 200 years, graduates and students alike have played essential roles in every military conflict. These alumni continue to lead private companies, military units, and nonprofit organizations around the world. In 1998, the university began offering some of its trademark education online. Now, learners can choose between several bachelor’s, master’s, and certificate programs. While many of the online programs cover military-related subjects, the university also offers degrees in areas like nursing, diplomacy, and cybersecurity.
Norwich’s Accreditation, Tuition, & Admissions Info
Accreditation and Approvals
Norwich University is regionally accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education. Furthermore, the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education accredits the master’s of nursing program and the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs recognizes the MBA degree. Programs with project management concentrations meet standards set by the PMI Global Accreditation Center for Project Management Education Programs.
- Undergraduate Online: $375 per credit
- Undergraduate Online for Military: $250 per credit hour
- Graduate Online: $662 to $825 per credit hour
- Certificate Online: $704 to $825 per credit hour
Norwich does not require applicants to submit exam scores at any level. In addition to application forms, bachelor’s candidates should submit letters of intent, resumes, and transcripts from regionally accredited institutions. Learners should also provide military transcripts, if applicable.
Master’s degree applicants must submit many of the same documents. Learners should have a bachelor's degree from a nationally or regionally accredited university and submit transcripts. These candidates must also meet specific prerequisites for each program. Certificate applicants must meet different requirements, depending on which plan they select.
- The school was established in 1819.
- Notable alumni include FDR’s physical therapist, an MLB umpire, and the chief engineer on the transcontinental railroad.
- Norwich is one of only six senior military colleges.
- Accreditation: New England Commission of Higher Education
- Full-Time Freshman Retention Rate: 78%
- Required Standardized Tests: None
- Public/Private: Private, nonprofit
- Acceptance Rate: 57%
- Graduation Rate: 58.9%
- Athletics: NCAA Division III, Great Northeast Athletic Conference and the Eastern Collegiate Athletic Conference
- Mascot: Cadets
- Colors: Maroon and gold
- Address: 158 Harmon Dr, Northfield, VT 05663
- Phone Number: (802) 485-2000
- Social Media: Facebook; Twitter; Instagram
Online Degrees Offered
- Six bachelor’s degrees online
- Three professional certifications online
- 12 master’s degrees online
Undergraduate majors include cybersecurity, management studies, and national security. Learners can earn graduate degrees in areas like diplomacy, military history, business administration, and civil engineering. The three online certificates cover leadership, government contracting, and teaching.
Popular with our students.
Highly informative resources to keep your education journey on track.
Take the next step toward your future with online learning.
Discover schools with the programs and courses you’re interested in, and start learning today.