Highlights of Northwestern University
- The university has offered education since 1851
- Included in U.S. News & World Report's "America's Best Colleges" list
- Nationally recognized research institution
- Provides professional development programs
- The Higher Learning Commission has provided accreditation
Overview of Northwestern University
Northwestern University, a private research university, is situated in Evanston, Illinois. The university provides a wide array of educational programs.
Northwestern University's School of Continuing Studies has received a creative academic programming award from the University Continuing Education Association for its online curriculum. The School of Continuing Studies provides a wide array of online educational programs.
Of particular interest is the Master of Arts in Public Policy and Administration degree program. The program reviews subjects such as public policy issues, analysis, and applications and administrative systems required to implement policy. The program is designed to be of particular benefit to early and mid-career managers, as well as executives working in local and state government agencies. However, much of the program is also applicable to jobs in the federal government, foundations, and associations.
- Graduate students have access to the school's extensive library system
- Placement office staff members provide graduate students with an array of services
The master's degree programs provided by the Northwestern University;s School of Continuing Studies are taught by instructors with expertise in their teaching field.
Admissions and Financial Aid Information
Admissions office staff members help applicants with the admissions process. The admissions requirements vary by the master's degree program. GMAT or GRE test scores are recommended only for applicants who have a GPA lower than 3.0 from their previous institution.