Founded in 1948, Nicholls State University is a public university located in Thibodaux, Louisiana about 50 miles southwest of New Orleans. The University is fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges in addition to individual program accreditations.
Nicholls has been offering online classes since 2000 through its Division of Distance Education. Nicholls Online offers 100% online degrees through an asynchronous format that allows you to learn at your time and convenience. Our Nicholls Online courses run 8-weeks in length with our terms running five times a year.
- No out-of-state tuition/fees for online students
- All University services are available online
- Advisors available to assist online students
Even though you'll be taking online classes, you'll still feel part of the exceptional Nicholls State University learning environment. You'll benefit from faculty who are active in research and publication, but are deeply committed to teaching first. All of our online faculty members have been certified to teach online.
Nicholls State Online Degree Programs
- NSU ranks among our Best Online Colleges in Louisiana
- Associate of Science in Petroleum Services
- Associate of Science in Safety Technology
- Bachelor of Arts in History
- NSU ranks among our 25 Best Online Bachelor's in History Degree Programs
- Bachelor of Arts in English – Creative Writing, Literary Studies, or Writing and Rhetoric
- NSU ranks among our 25 Best Online Bachelor's in English Degree Programs
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
- Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies
- Bachelor of Science in General Family and Consumer Sciences – Child, Family and Social Services
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (for students who have an unencumbered RN license)
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- NSU ranks among our 25 Most Affordable Online Bachelor's Degrees in Business Studies
- Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction – Reading Education
- Master of Education in Educational Leadership — K-12 Leadership
- Master of Education in Educational Leadership — Educational Technology Leadership
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Family Nursing Practitioner
- Nursing Education
- Nursing Executive
- Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Post-Baccalaureate Certification in Applied Business
Nicholls State Accreditation
Nicholls State University is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
P.O. Box 2031
Thibodaux, LA 70310