Highlights of New Jersey Institute of Technology
- Named one of the country'’s "Best Value Colleges" by the Princeton Review
- Certificate programs cited for excellence by the American Council of Graduate Schools
- According to U.S. News & World Report, the institute placed sixth in the nation in online learning enrollments for graduate computing and engineering programs
- Mentioned as a "top-tier research university" by U.S. News & World Report
- Named a "Top American Research University" by the Center for Measuring University Performance
- The institute has an extensive industry internship program
- Accreditation provided by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Higher Education
Overview of New Jersey Institute of Technology
Established in 1881, New Jersey Institute of Technology is located in Newark, New Jersey. The institute prepares students for technological and managerial leadership positions. NJIT has over 90 undergraduate majors and graduate specialties.
New Jersey Institute of Technology Online provides master’s degrees and graduate certificates. Graduate studies are available for full-time and part-time students. The phrase "Virtual Classroom" was created and registered as a trademark by NJIT.
Students not interested in pursuing a full-time master’s degree or who already have one can gain the latest knowledge in a particular field via graduate certificate programs. Students can apply the credits earned in a certificate program towards a master’s degree.
New Jersey Institute of Technology Online graduate certificate programs are provided in a variety of subjects, including data mining, the practice of technical communications, management of technology, finance for managers, venture and innovation management, environmental sustainability, and information technology administration.
Online master’s degrees are available in computer science, management, engineering management, and business and information systems, as well as other subjects.
- Online programs are considered equivalent to their face-to-face counterparts
- All NJIT students have equal opportunity access to on-campus services, such as the Career Development or Counseling services
- Designated on-campus representatives assist distance learners with their online programs
The classes at NJIT Online are taught by qualified online instructors who have real-world experience. Usually, the professor who teaches the on-campus class also teaches the online class. According to the institute, many of the online classes are taught by professors who are leading-edge researchers in their field.
Admissions and Financial Aid Information
New Jersey Institute of Technology Online requires applicants of the graduate certificate programs to have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a GPA of at least 2.8 on a 4.0 scale. Also, the institute participates in US Title IV financial assistance programs.
Click here to request more information about New Jersey Institute of Technology: