Missouri University of Science and Technology Online
thebestschools.org is an advertising-supported site. Featured or trusted partner programs and all school search, finder, or match results are for schools that compensate us. This compensation does not influence our school rankings, resource guides, or other editorially-independent information published on this site.
Are you ready to discover your college program?
- Began offering distance education in 1974.
- Military students pay reduced tuition rates.
- Out-of-state and in-state students pay the same tuition prices.
Founded in 1870, Missouri S&T has a strong tradition of science, technology, engineering, math, and business programs. The school’s long list of notable alumni includes the founder of Twitter, several NASA astronauts, CEOs, and aerospace engineers. Today, the school offers many of its renowned graduate programs through distance education. Learners can choose graduate certificates, degrees, or certificate-to-degree programs.
Missouri University of Science and Technology Tuition, Accreditation, & Admissions Info
- Psychology Distance Programs: $950 per credit hour
- Online Graduate Courses For Military Members: $735 per credit hour
- Technical Communication Online: $600 per credit hour
- All Other Graduate Online Classes: $1,200 per credit hour
Accreditation and Approvals
Missouri S&T is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. The business programs hold accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, and the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology accredits all the school’s undergraduate engineering and technology programs.
Master’s program applicants must submit statements of purpose, previous transcripts, GRE or GMAT scores, and three letters of recommendation. Students who do not gain acceptance based on their GPA or exam scores can opt for the certificate-to-degree programs.
Certificate applicants do not need to submit GRE scores, and the university allows learners with lower GPAs to begin courses through this path. After earning a certificate, candidates can apply for a master’s program and gain admission.
- Students can choose from 99 degree programs in 40 areas of study.
- Over 800 online engineering graduate learners attend the school.
- Missouri S&T accepts applications on a rolling basis.
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission
- Full-Time Freshman Retention Rate: 83%
- Required Standardized Test: GRE or GMAT, depending on the program of study
- Public/Private: Public
- Acceptance Rate: 88.1%
- Graduation Rate: 63.3%
- Athletics: NCAA Division II Great Lakes Valley Conference
- Mascot: Miner
- Colors: Green, gold, and silver
- Address: 1201 N State St, Rolla, MO 65409
- Phone Number: (573) 341-4111
- Social Media: Facebook; Twitter
Online Degrees Offered
Missouri S&T does not offer online bachelor’s degrees, but on-campus students can take some undergraduate courses online. For fully online programs, the school provides 50 graduate certificate and 17 master’s options. These programs primarily cover engineering, science, and business.
Popular with our students.
Highly informative resources to keep your education journey on track.
Take the next step toward your future with online learning.
Discover schools with the programs and courses you’re interested in, and start learning today.